Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] HYYPIA: NO RED CARD APPEAL

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia has confirmed the club won't appeal against Inigo Calderon's red card against Burton Albion.The Seagulls boss felt Calderon was unfortunate to be sent off for the high challenge, which he admitted looked worse than it was - but confirmed he will be without the Spaniard for games against Nottingham Forest, Cardiff City and Watford.
Speaking at Albion's St George's Park base, he said, "We have spoken with some referees and they suggested that we wouldn't get the decision overturned. So we don't want to run the risk that he will get an extra game added to his ban.
sami-l229-1959243.jpg

"He kicked the ball, then hit the opponent. It was a high boot, but is it a red card? I am not sure. I was thinking there might be a way where he wouldn't get a three-game ban.
"There was no malice or intent to hurt the player, so to get three games is harsh. I thought if we could get the suspension reduced to one game it might be worth it, but if it is zero or four, then it is better not to risk it."
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Calderon won't be available until the Middlesbrough match on 18th October, after the international break - but Hyypia says he has no qualms about the right-back maintaining his match fitness."I've said before, if you train properly, how you play a game, you will get the rhythm you need from that. Aaron Hughes is an example of this. He played one half at Brentford, and then played last night and did well. He's an experienced player, and so is Calde."
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF
[/h]TUESday 30TH september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ROTHERHAM
[/h]saturDAY 25TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here