Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
6 groups of 6 left

One Vote - One winner per group..

Last 6 go into 2 (3 bands each) Semi Finals

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Reading Sugg's biography at the moment it is quite good.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
No surprises who I picked. Madness are a very good band, but for me Squeeze pip them. Argy Bargy, East Side Story and 1989s Frank are simply brilliant. You can follow Difford journey of Alcoholism, from having a good time, to seeing the negative side what Alcohol can do. 1991 Play album showed Difford to be an almost broken man - ready for rehab.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Every band in this round was, is and will be dire. Which just goes to prove that good music was a rare thing in the 80s, and the decision to put The Smiths, The Cure and Echo and the Bunnymen in the same round makes this about as loaded as Bozza's Greatest Albion Player Ever thead.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Squeeze for me over Madness. The Beautiful South are possibly my least favourite band ever - the Christopher Eccleston of popular music.

No surprises who I picked. Madness are a very good band, but for me Squeeze pip them. Argy Bargy, East Side Story and 1989s Frank are simply brilliant. You can follow Difford journey of Alcoholism, from having a good time, to seeing the negative side what Alcohol can do. 1991 Play album showed Difford to be an almost broken man - ready for rehab.
Really enjoyed seeing a documentary about them on the BBC a few months back (which I guess had probably been on before) - had been a fan of stuff up until 'Frank' but didn't know much about them after that, was very interesting.

Last edited:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I saw Glenn Tilbrook playing in Phoenix last night (one of about 80 people in a small venue). Very good he was too.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I saw Glenn Tilbrook playing in Phoenix last night (one of about 80 people in a small venue). Very good he was too.
He is good. I bet he was travelling in his RV that he owns out there. We visited Arizona a few years back. Next year colorado and wyoming.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He is good. I bet he was travelling in his RV that he owns out there. We visited Arizona a few years back. Next year colorado and wyoming.

He had what seemed like a bloody great tour bus (maybe that IS his RV). It did seem somewhat incongruous!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here