Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The OFFICIAL 2014 Ryder Cup thread***

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Starter Ivor putting his hand up for retirement, great atmosphere, good to see Bubba giving it the large one then stuffing it into the deep stuff, marvellous

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Gonna be a great weekend me thinks.

I am a casual Golf follower really but looking through the history of the The Ryder Cup, it appears that there have not been many Ryder Cups in 'Europe' other than here.

Is that a quality of Golf course thing or is there another reason for it. The only venue I could see in the past was in Valderrama

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Gonna be a great weekend me thinks.

I am a casual Golf follower really but looking through the history of the The Ryder Cup, it appears that there have not been many Ryder Cups in 'Europe' other than here.

Is that a quality of Golf course thing or is there another reason for it. The only venue I could see in the past was in Valderrama

That's right. There has been 1 in Ireland before - they were obsessed with holding it at the potato field that is the Belfry for years. 2018 is in France.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Phil Mickelson thinks he's in Antartica. 2 pairs of gloves on, he's had the touch of a 1970's BBC DJ so far….

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
That's right. There has been 1 in Ireland before - they were obsessed with holding it at the potato field that is the Belfry for years. 2018 is in France.

Yes, I noticed a French course is lined up. About ti,e we shared the Ryder Cup love in Europe

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, I noticed a French course is lined up. About ti,e we shared the Ryder Cup love in Europe

All about the money. Huge sponsorship and revenue when it's held at the historic British courses (or even new ones like Celtic Manor). Just not the same appetite on mainland Europe, or supposedly so.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Stephen Gallagher playing like a dog.

:nono:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here