Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MARRS: FOUNDATIONS ARE SET

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton and Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs says his side have a good platform on which to build for the rest of the season.Albion women have suffered just a solitary defeat from their opening five games and Marrs is looking for his team to show improvements in the upcoming weeks.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I can’t really complain with how we’ve done so far. We’re a little bit further ahead than where I would be expect to be at the moment.
“We’ve gelled okay but we’ve still got a long way to go. All the basics are there though which is really important and if you’ve got the basics then you build your foundations from there.
“We’re at a basic level at the moment, so I’ll be expecting us to kick on in the next few weeks, and as the season goes on, gradually move onwards and upwards.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Marrs’s side travel to Queens Park Rangers this Sunday as they look to continue their solid start to the season, but he is anticipating another stern away challenge.“We’ll be expecting another tough test; it’s another game on the road, more travelling and it would’ve been nice to have a home game due to the last two away trips.
“They will be a fairly physical side who I imagine will be quite organised, but not too dissimilar to the last two tests we’ve had.
“They’ve both been physical encounters, so we don’t really expect anything different. Obviously we’ll do some analysis this week and we’ll have a chat about everything.
“Hopefully our end product will be a bit better and if it is, then we’ll start to see our just rewards for our good build-up play that we have at the moment.”
barton-040914-l229-1898552.jpg

TEAM NEWS
Albion are expecting Kirsty Barton to be back in contention following a thigh problem while Charlotte Gurr could potentially get some minutes as she continues her rehabilitation from an ankle injury.
Long-term absentess Danielle Carlton (knee), Vicky Ashton-Jones (knee) and Lisa Fulgence (shoulder) reamin sidelined.
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF
[/h]TUESday 30TH september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ROTHERHAM
[/h]saturDAY 25TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here