Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Cameron - BIG MISTAKE

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
David Camerons MONUMENTAL error of judgement

Shocking stuff from our PM, mentioning the Queen 'purrring with delight' as though she's some feral animal and disclosing the contents of a deeply intense and private conversation.

Glad to see he's made a very swift apology, although he's going to have to stew in his own juices for a while yet until his next meeting with our Queen.

:nono:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
At least he didn't say she creamed her panties.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
The Queen is an irrelevance in such matters so this is a pointless argument.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Off with his head :shootself:

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
He shouldn't have said it anywhere that was public but it might very well be true and, either way, I doubt HMQ sees it as being remotely 'shocking'.

I also doubt that the conversation was 'deeply intense'.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's just typical of the arrogance of politicians though isn't it. DC wanted to impressive the NY mayor with how close to the Queen he is and had 'purring' with delight. Sad and embarrassing.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
There is a quote in this article, about the femme fatale hero of Russian art, in which she purrs "oui, oui, mon cheri, mon amour" to her French husband down the phone. That, I reckon, is very cool and acceptable. Less cool and acceptable when I use it in conversation with friends because we think we are cats, but I'm using it as justification. Anyway: cats/use of cat noises - slinkily silly. Under the command of a plum-mouthed twerp in conversation with an anachronistic monarch, both of whom are symbols of a hierachy which keeps peasants poor and oppressed - weird and probably bad.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I totally disagree. It is an insult to the intelligence of the British public that the Queen puts on this front of remaining impartial. Whilst I don't expect her to be grabbing Alex Salmond by the scrotum and leading him to the gallows an acknowledgement that she is personally pleased at the outcome wouldn't go amiss.

Repressing one's emotions and statements to this extent is like something out of the 19th century.

Whilst Cameron shouldn't have said what he said the point is both he and the Queen were desperate for a NO vote, so you'd expect both to have been ecstatic at the news. Had she expressed even a modicum of pleasure in an official statement then the impact of this story would be hugely diminished.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Not content with almost dismantling her country he says this. **** what she things of this muppet.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Like none of the posters on NSC have never exaggerated a comment before... This jumping on the bandwagon 'Lets Hate On Cameron' is just pitiful. Not a Tory fan boy in any way but DC merely expressed his thought in the wrong manner and the press are turning it into a slaughter. Given whats currently happening with ISIS, Ukraine and other current topics like Ebola this simply has absolutely no relevance nor any importance.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Like none of the posters on NSC have never exaggerated a comment before... This jumping on the bandwagon 'Lets Hate On Cameron' is just pitiful. Not a Tory fan boy in any way but DC merely expressed his thought in the wrong manner and the press are turning it into a slaughter. Given whats currently happening with ISIS, Ukraine and other current topics like Ebola this simply has absolutely no relevance nor any importance.

I'm not jumping on any band wagon.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I totally disagree. It is an insult to the intelligence of the British public that the Queen puts on this front of remaining impartial. Whilst I don't expect her to be grabbing Alex Salmond by the scrotum and leading him to the gallows an acknowledgement that she is personally pleased at the outcome wouldn't go amiss.

Repressing one's emotions and statements to this extent is like something out of the 19th century.

Whilst Cameron shouldn't have said what he said the point is both he and the Queen were desperate for a NO vote, so you'd expect both to have been ecstatic at the news. Had she expressed even a modicum of pleasure in an official statement then the impact of this story would be hugely diminished.

I'm a Republican and would never vote Tory, but this, 100% this. Of course she wanted a no vote, why would she?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm a Republican and would never vote Tory, but this, 100% this. Of course she wanted a no vote, why would she?

Inclined to agree, it would be pretty galling for her if every time she went away to her holiday home in Balmoral she had to bring her passport.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

That's all well and good, but you don't expect our Prime Minister to be showing off about how he had our Monarch 'purring' down the phone at him to the Mayor of New Year. He simply shouldn't be talking like that, especially not to a foreign dignitary.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

You do realise it has nothing to do with what the Queen's or Cameron's opinion is on the matter, it is the fact that in NY to the NY mayor, our PM gloated about how he had our Monarch 'purring' down the phone to him. In fact, it doesn't matter what the issue is or the relevance of it, anybody with half a brain and an ounce of awareness of what respect is knows he shouldn't have been talking in those terms, and no doubt he was horrified when he found out he'd be overheard.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here