Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have You Ever Been To A Reunion?

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Got one coming up - mixed feelings as to whether to go or not.

Did you enjoy yours?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I have one this Saturday with loads of old friends I grew up with from the age of 5 - 12. They are all in the same clicky group except for me. I won't be going though as the Ryder cup and arse spurs is on.

I would only just be standing there like a div

This is the only one ive ever been invited too

Last edited:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Been to two school/uni ones - hated both, if I'm honest. Far, far too much water had passed under the bridge.

Also been to a few work ones - much better overall. A couple were really good fun.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I have had invites to about 3 and declined them all. It might sound a bit miserable but I don't feel the need to catch up with a bunch of people I didn't really like in school...

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I have had invites to about 3 and declined them all. It might sound a bit miserable but I don't feel the need to catch up with a bunch of people I didn't really like in school...

Or didn't know or don't remember?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I did, yes, but came along as Mr Deshpande, the hindu economics teacher. Annoyingly, equally anxious schoolmate Sally Wagstaff also had the same idea, and arrived in similar guise. She'd managed to somehow delete the feminine twinkle from her eyes, and seemed a rather accurate Mr Deshpande, in all ways but being 9 inches shorter than me and the original Mr Deshpande. To be certain of whom was the real Mr Deshpande, we each sat in a 20-question Mr Deshpande quiz, a little like he used to hold at school over price equilibrium and disequilibrium. It was less of a test of who knew more about Mr Deshpande, but who sounded more convincing in their answers. I like to think I was two points ahead of Sally and the gentleman in me let her win with a sudden stutter or two and an answer of "Froghawk" to the question of which animal hybrid was Mr Deshpande's favourite, knowing full well, just as Sally did, that it was the elephotter, but I couldn't be sure. Sally I am sure had a wonderful evening.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean

This:

If I wanted to keep in contact with my friends I would have done (and many I still do) those I dont keep in contact with now is for a reason.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I went to one last Xmas via Facebook - having not set eyes on my fellow school mates for 30 years.

Its amusing to see how folks have changed. Some a lot, some by not much. I live 300 miles away, so any friendships will not be renewed as to how they were.

Facebook tends to be the place where old friends re appear. Sometimes it can be a good thing. I have re aquainted myself with 1 or 2 who are fellow Albion fans - including one who posts on this site.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a 30 years on O level year reunion a couple of years ago. 80-odd out of about 120 in the year attended. It was absolutely brilliant, people chatting like there had never been a gap. Interestingly, we did the same after 15 years and it was nowhere near as good. Looking back, and several of us now meet regularly, after 15 years there were too many people either boasting about their 'achievements', or worried about their perceived lack of them for the whole group to be comfortable. After 30 years however, I think the vast majority are comfortable in their own skins and don't really give much of a sh@t, so it was far more relaxed and very much more fun as a result.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Dazzer666 that was my feeling too.

I felt good to see my old school friends again - I guess the key here is friends, as a reunion with those that you vaguely knew would be dull.

Had a 30 years on O level year reunion a couple of years ago. 80-odd out of about 120 in the year attended. It was absolutely brilliant, people chatting like there had never been a gap. Interestingly, we did the same after 15 years and it was nowhere near as good. Looking back, and several of us now meet regularly, after 15 years there were too many people either boasting about their 'achievements', or worried about their perceived lack of them for the whole group to be comfortable. After 30 years however, I think the vast majority are comfortable in their own skins and don't really give much of a sh@t, so it was far more relaxed and very much more fun as a result.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Dazzer666 that was my feeling too.

I felt good to see my old school friends again - I guess the key here is friends, as a reunion with those that you vaguely knew would be dull.

Yes, to a degree old smaller groups reformed pretty quickly in the bar, but less than I expected.......a lot of us are now having much more contact. Only a matter of time before someone hooks up with an old flame and turns the whole thing sour !

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yes, 10 years after we left school. It was really good and I'm glad I made the effort to go.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I went to one years back and had a fling with a childhood sweetheart as a result. Have to say I really enjoyed it. My girlfriend was invited to one recently and asked me if she could go. Answers on a postcard please.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Went to one 24 years after leaving at 16. It was good to catch up with a few people and had a few interesting conversations but did not do anything great for me. I am glad I went though.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
For some reason school reunions are almost an industry in the States. There always seems to be someone in the office going to one - all seems a bit sad really.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Been to a few work ones which were good but never to a school one despite invites. School isn't something I really want to re-live.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I did, yes, but came along as Mr Deshpande, the hindu economics teacher. Annoyingly, equally anxious schoolmate Sally Wagstaff also had the same idea, and arrived in similar guise. She'd managed to somehow delete the feminine twinkle from her eyes, and seemed a rather accurate Mr Deshpande, in all ways but being 9 inches shorter than me and the original Mr Deshpande. To be certain of whom was the real Mr Deshpande, we each sat in a 20-question Mr Deshpande quiz, a little like he used to hold at school over price equilibrium and disequilibrium. It was less of a test of who knew more about Mr Deshpande, but who sounded more convincing in their answers. I like to think I was two points ahead of Sally and the gentleman in me let her win with a sudden stutter or two and an answer of "Froghawk" to the question of which animal hybrid was Mr Deshpande's favourite, knowing full well, just as Sally did, that it was the elephotter, but I couldn't be sure. Sally I am sure had a wonderful evening.

Had a similar experience when two of us former pupils turned up to the same reunion dressed in the probable decomposed state of a former english teacher (Mr Edwards). I don't know which one of us was more embarrassed! Firstly it wasn't fancy dress and secondly his wife had turned up in his place. It was awkward for the first 15min but after a few drinks and my brilliant Thriller/ Mr Edwards impersonation we all had a good laugh; and agreed mine was the best likeness.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Had a BHASVIC reunion from the final school intake a few years ago, and was surprised at how people had not changed. Worst thing was seeing whom amongst my former classmates had died in the interim period, you take it for granted that you're all immortal at times.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Went to a Bevendean Primary reunion 14 years ago. It could have been interesting to see people who I hadn't seen for 32 years but the dozy organisers didn't hand out name tags or anything to indicate years, so there were a load of people wandering around peering intently at faces wondering whether the person in front of you was a former classmate. I left after an hour or so as I had a hot date but did feel it was an opportunity lost.

Been to a few work reunions though and they've all been rather fun

There's a uni reunion next year and I'm pondering whether to go it or not. I liked my time there and would hate to go back and have a lousy time

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here