Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Armchair fans

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I know far too many Brighton born Spurs fans, and seen so many comments that look like this, appear on FB and Twitter overnight :

'oh cool, Spurs v Brighton. Wish it was at the Amex though, cause then I would go and watch it.' :facepalm:

I know at least 4 who have never even been to North London in their life.

I have a feeling we might find many occasional Brighton/Armchair Spurs fans taking up space in the Away end when we play the game. This is going to be irritating.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Those people are just the worst type of scum aren't they?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Sat opposite two Brighton based spuds fans on the train home last night, I was utterly revolted.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
They should all be deported to their respective club's locality.

Starting with "Spurs fans" ----> Edmonton.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I know 4 Manchester based Brighton fans and 3 Brighton based palace fans. Do I win £5?

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I know far too many Brighton born Spurs fans, and seen so many comments that look like this, appear on FB and Twitter overnight :

'oh cool, Spurs v Brighton. Wish it was at the Amex though, cause then I would go and watch it.' :facepalm:

I know at least 4 who have never even been to North London in their life.

I have a feeling we might find many occasional Brighton/Armchair Spurs fans taking up space in the Away end when we play the game. This is going to be irritating.

I blame the parents! At the first sign of offspring coming home with such unpalatable opinions, they should be beaten with a stout stick until they behave.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
If we ever go up, it will be the same every week

Lifelong Spurs fans rejoicing because it means they can go to their first game, when they play at the Amex?

I know some Brighton based ManUtd fans who at least drive to Old Trafford for every home game.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What I've never been able to work out is why spurs have such a big domestic fan base. They've never been an elite team like Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal yet, domestically at least, their fan base seems to be of a similar size. Why?! And why don't clubs of similar size/standing like Everton, Villa or Newcastle have as wide spread an appeal?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What I've never been able to work out is why spurs have such a big domestic fan base. They've never been an elite team like Liverpool, Man Utd or Arsenal yet, domestically at least, their fan base seems to be of a similar size. Why?! And why don't clubs of similar size/standing like Everton, Villa or Newcastle have as wide spread an appeal?
Liverpool and man u have by far the biggest domestic fan base. Their fans are spread evenly around. All the other teams are popular in their respective region of the country. I used to live in Liverpool. Loads of Evertonians obviously but I never met a Spurs fan who was a scouser.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
There are a fair amount of Brighton born Leeds fans! Everton fans, Liverpool, West Ham, Arsenal, Newcastle and Spurs fans that I know...and of course all the Man Utd cum.

Never met a Brighton born Man City, Stoke or West Brom fan though.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Liverpool and man u have by far the biggest domestic fan base. Their fans are spread evenly around. All the other teams are popular in their respective region of the country. I used to live in Liverpool. Loads of Evertonians obviously but I never met a Spurs fan who was a scouser.

Yeah, that's a good point. Thinking about it I can't recall ever having met a northern spurs fan. That said, they do seem to have a considerable number of fans based in the southern half of the country. Disproportionate to their size and success I'd say. Even in Japan I'm just as likely to meet a spurs fan as I am a Liverpool or man u one.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
I blame the parents! At the first sign of offspring coming home with such unpalatable opinions, they should be beaten with a stout stick until they behave.

My eldest will tell you I did this when he came home from his cousins at about 4 years old and told me, like him he was going to support Spurs, of course I didn't but he was told, not in this house your not.
His Mum didn't understand how he couldn't support who he wanted, I told her to shut the door on her way out, something's are more important than a relationship.
Been together 22 years now, think she's now realised that there's football harmony in our house, god forbid if we'd had a child that supported someone else.
All 5 of us were at WHL the last time we played them.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patreon
Jun 26, 2009
East

Why would they want to try to get a (probably more scarce) ticket in the away end, rather than sit with the other poor, misguided individuals that support Spurs?

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
My daughter came home one night last year wearing her boyfriends Man Utd shirt. I waited for her to take it off and go to bed then made my hairy labrador wear it and run around the garden in the rain whilst filming it for her boyfriends facebook page. The shirt never entered the house again. :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here