Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BURTON player ratings

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Stockdale 8: Couple of excellent saves, very good on high balls and distribution excellent
Calde 5: Quiet by his rampaging standards, sending off very very harsh, but why try to win a head high ball in the 89th minute by putting your foot up?
Dunk 7: Commanding, albeit against a poor attack, in right place at right time to clear off the line in first half.
Hughes 6: Didn't have much to do
Chicksen 5: Tidy enough but could have added more when we were attacking
Gardner 5: Disappointed in him, too many mishit passes and strutted at times.
Kaz 7: Superb goal, still think he is better out wide than in the middle
Derry Pele 7: His dribble for CMS's goal was from another dimension, effortless at times, but didn't look as it he enjoys the game.
Ince 6: Solid, put his foot in when necessary, clearly likes scoring in cup competitions.
COG 5: Held in up reasonably, but looked very unthreatening
CMS 5: Have to feel sorry for him, tries and tries, but first touch and anticipation very lacking. One superb spin in the first half took out two defenders, but then ballooned shot 10 yards over

Subs:
Toko 5: Not memorable
Colunga 5: Took a couple of corners, that's about it.

Funny match, score flattered us a bit, Burton looked far weaker than the Albion, but huffed and puffed. Lack of a striker still clearly an issue, as CMS's goal was really an OG, and other than that we had one attempt on target from CMS and COG in 90 mins.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think you could see Paddy's beaming grin though his trampy beard, that's all.

Their fans were raving about him.

Gardner's sweeping passes across the field were shocking at times, weren't they?

Loved Stockdale too. Exactly what you want from your keeper in a game where the opponent's main tactic is going to be to sling lots of high crosses into the box.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't think you could see Paddy's beaming grin though his trampy beard, that's all.

Their fans were raving about him.

Gardner's sweeping passes across the field were shocking at times, weren't they?

Loved Stockdale too. Exactly what you want from your keeper in a game where the opponent's main tactic is going to be to sling lots of high crosses into the box.

Has taken far too much unwarranted stick on NSC..a mark up on PIG imho

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Derry Pele 7: His dribble for CMS's goal was from another dimension, effortless at times, but didn't look as it he enjoys the game.

I like to think that Paddy is like a fictional footballer from a 1970s comic. He has a natural skill and flair, but his real love in life is cultivating a beard and maintaining a melodious organic plot of land somewhere in the sticks where birds hop onto the top of his head and he says things like "Hello there little fella!" Perhaps the animals signal to him occassionally that someone's in trouble down at the old quarry or something. He then goes on some mad but brave escapade and saves the day, looks at his watch and says "Cripes! The match! I'd forgottten about that!" and arrives on the pitch at 2:59 (with quarry detritus still in his beard) as someone in the crowd says "I thought Paddy wasn't going to make it!" He then effortlessly swivels and turns and lays on goal after goal, finishing the day back at the shed with a cup of tea and a squirrel on the window ledge. If he actually lives in a duplex apartment at Brighton Marina, I don't want to know.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

As with you and Lamie, I've taken to Stockdale. He's infectious, a presence, and a real team player. He doesn't cause panic among the defenders like Top Kat, and his distribution is really quick off the mark, and usually accurate.
He's already shown that he's good in the air, and I predict that he'll also demonstrate how good a shotstopper he is.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Stockdale 8: Couple of excellent saves, very good on high balls and distribution excellent
Calde 5: Quiet by his rampaging standards, sending off very very harsh, but why try to win a head high ball in the 89th minute by putting your foot up?
Dunk 7: Commanding, albeit against a poor attack, in right place at right time to clear off the line in first half.
Hughes 6: Didn't have much to do
Chicksen 5: Tidy enough but could have added more when we were attacking
Gardner 5: Disappointed in him, too many mishit passes and strutted at times.
Kaz 7: Superb goal, still think he is better out wide than in the middle
Ince 6: Solid, put his foot in when necessary, clearly likes scoring in cup competitions.
COG 5: Held in up reasonably, but looked very unthreatening
CMS 5: Have to feel sorry for him, tries and tries, but first touch and anticipation very lacking. One superb spin in the first half took out two defenders, but then ballooned shot 10 yards over

Subs:
Toko 5: Not memorable
Colunga 5: Took a couple of corners, that's about it.

Funny match, score flattered us a bit, Burton looked far weaker than the Albion, but huffed and puffed. Lack of a striker still clearly an issue, as CMS's goal was really an OG, and other than that we had one attempt on target from CMS and COG in 90 mins.

Never mind all that, as I understand it, your good self, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION], and [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] were ALL at Burton last night.

While you were all off galavanting, who was thinking of the poor NSCers of Mile Oak then? Disgraceful.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Stockdale 8 Very pleased with the saves he made last night.
Calderon 5 I felt sorry for him as there was no intent in that tackle
Dunk 7 had a good game, his positioning is excellent
Hughes 6
Chicksen 6 looked comfortable
Gardner 6 put in a lot of graft.
LuaLua 7
McCourt 8 At times he looked a different class to everyone else on the pitch. He can make you go 'ooohh' with just one pass
Ince 6
COG 6
CMS 5

Subs:
Toko 5
Colunga not enough time

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Never mind all that, as I understand it, your good self, [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], [MENTION=249]edna krabappel[/MENTION], and [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION] were ALL at Burton last night.

While you were all off galavanting, who was thinking of the poor NSCers of Mile Oak then? Disgraceful.

True, and we GOSSIPED about certain NSC'ers for hours too, and that's THE TRUTH. Edna even wore a pink wig to make me feel at home.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Stockdale - 8
Chick - 7 (made a load of runs down the left but was often not found or had a pass over hit)
Dunk - 8 (always seemed to be the one to win the ball back)
Hughes - 6
Calde - 6
Paddy mac - 8
KLL - 8
Ince - 7
Gardner - 6
CMS - 6
COG - 8 (best game for us by far; wouldn't mind seeing him up front with a striking partner more often)

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I feel sorry for people from Burton. I'm so lucky I was brought up in Brighton. You know beer, Peter Ward etc …………………. I see what I did there! …………… Cheque please!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

You missed [MENTION=27447]Goldstone1976[/MENTION] too. More mods than a Paul Weller tribute gig.

We had to travel in separate cars though: the rules state we can't all be in the same vehicle in case it crashes & we're all wiped off the face of the earth. What would BECOME of NSC then, Eh? Imagine the SWEARING and the CONSPIRACIES that would ensue.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
First match of the season for me (yes i know terrible fan etc etc), however I had a smashing view of the game as I was luck or unlucky enough depending on your viewpoint to be sat with the Directors. No Tony unfortunately Paul Barber was his able deputy. Anyway you can see why the plethora of scouts in attendance sit where they do as you get a great perspective on the play. I cant disagree with the general ratings, I thought Dunk was MOM for the Albion but the reason I am posting is CMS. Crikey he was woeful, i lost count of the amount of times we lost possession due to his awful touch / control. When you take into account that the defenders are L2 standard it really makes you question what role he can really play. Thoughts?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Stockdale 6 more confident with crosses today did ok
Calderon 6 did well with the rocket like goal kicks toward him , slightly unfortunate to get a red but the ref had no choice really
Dunk 7 another steady performance positional sense for the clearence off the line very good
Hughes 6 unflustered little to do defending a poor attack
Chicksen 6 did ok still a bit reluctant to take it to the by line
Ince 6 Nice steady job some good link up play and some that just broke down , plenty to look forward to from Rohan
Lualua 7 started in midfield again and put in a good shift , cracking goal
Gardener 5 not convinced by this lad as yet built like a brick shithouse but lost the ball a bit to often
McCourt 8 Very composed on the ball in truth he was given plenty of room to play not sure he will get that space saturday if he plays
Ooooh Gravy 8 Just got MOM for me did very well at times holding the ball up and was unlucky not to score
CMS 5 Just one of nights for Macca did not seem very happy throughout the game for some reason

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stockdale 6 more confident with crosses today did ok
6?

What would he have to do to get a high mark? He made 4 decent saves, including two genuinely good ones - one one high up at this near post looked a worldy. the Burton fans all thought they'd scored.

On top of that Burton put around 15 high balls into the box. Stockdale caught 14 of them and punch the other one - to the halfway line.

He'll have matches where he's tested more, for sure, but his performance last night was FLAWLESS.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Stockdale 8.
Calderon 6
Dunk 9. Too good for them.
Hughes 7looked comfortable
Chicksen 6
Gardner 5. Missed a sitter early on. Long passing hit and miss
LuaLua 7. Great goal. Should have run at them more - he could have raosted them if he'd been bothered.
McCourt 8. Terrific
Ince 6. Not all that involved in play.
COG 7. Held play up okay, and one excellent long shot, well saved by their keeper.
CMS 5. That includes +1 for the goal. Every third touch is off his knee.

Subs:
Toko 7 tackling 5 passing =6
Colunga not enough time

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
CMS's goal was really an OG, and other than that we had one attempt on target from CMS and COG in 90 mins.

two!

CMS in the first half, at 1-0 - from the right hand side, saved (easily enough) by their keepr low down.
COG at the start of the second half, long shot - very well saved.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here