Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Baldock

Jun 26, 2014
Hi lads. Just came on here to see how your new strikers Sammy is getting on.

I've seen he's not been in the goals, but has he contributed a lot? Just want to get your initial thoughts on him.

If he hasn't set the world alight yet, I'd advise you not to worry, as last season it took until around December to get going, he will come good.

Another question I have for you, is what many fans around the country wonder.. How have you so suddenly been able to get your attendances so high from what they previously were?!

And for you older folk out there, would it be a lie to say that you almost prefered the Withdean to the Amex, just for tradition? I have to hold my hands up and say I never went to the Withdean, but I went to the Amex the first season it opened, you beat us 2-0, was a dire game, doubt any of you remember it.

Cheers lads, and also for any of you wondering about El-Abd's progress, he hasn't put a foot wrong when came on, but can't force his way into our defence which has been so solid this season.

All the best for this season!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
And for you older folk out there, would it be a lie to say that you almost prefered the Withdean to the Amex, just for tradition?

Yes it would.

There was no tradition involved with Withdean, it was only ever a stopgap - albeit a longer one than was ever planned.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Baldock has done frankly **** all so far other than run around a lot like CMS and talk a bit like Nicky Forster.

Monthly interest free Direct Debits plus a stunning stadium make the Amex an attractive place to go regularly although matchday prices are too high. It's MILES ahead of Withdean, which was only ever temporary and didn't have a roof.

At least El-Abd is improving.

Jun 26, 2014
Baldock has done frankly **** all so far other than run around a lot like CMS and talk a bit like Nicky Forster.

Monthly interest free Direct Debits plus a stunning stadium make the Amex an attractive place to go regularly although matchday prices are too high. It's MILES ahead of Withdean, which was only ever temporary and didn't have a roof.

At least El-Abd is improving.

Give the man time, he'll come good. The worst thing you can do with a player like Sammy is get on his back, he thrives on confidence. Allow him to find his feet, he'll score you plenty.

El-Abd hasn't played much, played in the cup vs Oxford and did okay, but he is always under the cosh for the fans due to last season, he'll get game time in the cold, winter months, it's a squad game, and as they say 'A marathon, not a sprint.'

SeeGoals

Bloom’n Marvellous
Jan 22, 2009
Horsham by the sea
Was DROPPED for tonights MATCH, sums it up. WASTE of money and you can have it him BACK

CUP TIED I do believe, not DROPPED!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

I've seen he's not been in the goals, but has he contributed a lot? Just want to get your initial thoughts on him.

If he hasn't set the world alight yet, I'd advise you not to worry, as last season it took until around December to get going, he will come good.

Another question I have for you, is what many fans around the country wonder.. How have you so suddenly been able to get your attendances so high from what they previously were?!

And for you older folk out there, would it be a lie to say that you almost prefered the Withdean to the Amex, just for tradition? I have to hold my hands up and say I never went to the Withdean, but I went to the Amex the first season it opened, you beat us 2-0, was a dire game, doubt any of you remember it.

Cheers lads, and also for any of you wondering about El-Abd's progress, he hasn't put a foot wrong when came on, but can't force his way into our defence which has been so solid this season.

Yeah, the whole team needs time at the moment, thanks for the post. I am sure Sam will contribute this season.

Nice to hear about Adam, great pro, even if he's not playing at the mo, you can bet he is having a great influence on the training pitch.

The only thing "traditional" about Withdean was getting wet and not being able to see the football.

We're a massively supported club, we just haven't had anywhere to put all the fans until now :D

Good luck for the season. :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Baldock?

He's a striker that evidently needs to play alongside a target man. Problem is exactly the same as Mackail-Smith, in that we are playing him up top on his own, which, at 5'8 or whatever he is simply does not work.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

He isn't that good.

Jun 26, 2014
Was DROPPED for tonights MATCH, sums it up. WASTE of money and you can have it him BACK

Don't know whether to take this sarcastically or not, but if it isn't, have to laugh at the way you judge players who have just came in less than a month ago, and have played little over 200 minutes of football :lolol:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

I remember that game well! Calderon scored a lovely goal for us.

As for Sam, he hasn't contributed much yet. I have a question for you though, how has Adem El-Abd done at City?

Jun 26, 2014
Yeah, the whole team needs time at the moment, thanks for the post. I am sure Sam will contribute this season.

Nice to hear about Adam, great pro, even if he's not playing at the mo, you can bet he is having a great influence on the training pitch.

The only thing "traditional" about Withdean was getting wet and not being able to see the football.

We're a massively supported club, we just haven't had anywhere to put all the fans until now :D

Good luck for the season. :)

With good service, Sam will get you goals. I am sure he will come good for you.

Adam is an experienced player, and no doubt will be an influence on the many younger players we have in our squad. Like Baldock, I'm sure he'll play a part this season.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Don't know whether to take this sarcastically or not, but if it isn't, have to laugh at the way you judge players who have just came in less than a month ago, and have played little over 200 minutes of football :lolol:

You shouldn't.

Ernest is the most hilarious (in his own mind, at least) wind-up poster on this board. Trouble is, I think he's starting to believe some of the crap he comes out with.

Jun 26, 2014
Baldock?

He's a striker that evidently needs to play alongside a target man. Problem is exactly the same as Mackail-Smith, in that we are playing him up top on his own, which, at 5'8 or whatever he is simply does not work.

Very true. Baldock's success last season was largely down to his partnership with Jay Emmanuel-Thomas (JET.) Opposing teams gameplans was always to double up on JET and get two players on him, so he tended to drift wide, freeing up space in the middle, and he ran riot.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
We have a huge catchment area that is why,and perhaps you might like to look at our attendances pre withdean and pre gillingham and pre all the troubles we had ,as the fans were there then especially in the seventies and early eighties ,in fact I can remember watching the Albion v Bristol city in 79 - 80 with over 23,000 which was certainly not a good attendance by their standards then ,just before city faced the trap door into div 2 , I believe .

Jun 26, 2014
I remember that game well! Calderon scored a lovely goal for us.

As for Sam, he hasn't contributed much yet. I have a question for you though, how has Adem El-Abd done at City?

I seem to remember CMS scoring a screamer as well.

Adam was taken out of the firing line after continuous mistakes last season when he joined, but I am sure this was down to settling in, as he has proved at your club what a player he can be. He seemed to have settled down in Pre-Season, got a good bond with the lads, and he has looked much more reassured whenever been put to the test this season, although he is not a starter currently. He is a good option to have on the bench to bring on with 10 minutes to go to see out a lead, and I'm sure he'll play a part this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here