Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I'm excited for the Ryder Cup

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
me also. although I don't have a Sky subscription so will be highlights or something for me. But I am fed up with hearing it :)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm already getting cheesed off with the hype from the BBC, thank God I haven't got Sky drilling it in to my head too. When all is said and done it is an exciting event but it has become a bloated media whore.

lets just have a short preview a week before the event starts and another on the eve of the tournament. I really don't want to know what XXXXX felt about the 3rd shot on the 17th in the tournament 12 years ago, and whether someone is playing with a different club or someone's been to the hairdresser this week.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
At least it 's over here, so there will be a bit less 'get in the hole' which does my head in. What I've seen of the Sky preview programmes have been pretty good so far. I love the Ryder Cup - multimillionaires playing just for pride and bragging rights. Brilliant.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think the Yanks will be a lot stronger than people expect. They have a tremendous group of very good young players.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Think the Yanks will be a lot stronger than people expect. They have a tremendous group of very good young players.

Apparently the team have bought into the Pod System this time, this combined with the HUGE respect that Tom Watson carries with him and some stupid haircuts surely must give them a sizeable advantage.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
My weekend is sorted... Ryder cup and Arse vs spurs :)
anyone wanna occupy my misses

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm already getting cheesed off with the hype from the BBC, thank God I haven't got Sky drilling it in to my head too.
They've actually renamed Sky Sports 4 'Ryder Cup' something or other. WTF! I love the Ryder Cup, but won't go near it until it starts.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm really looking forward to this too. On paper I think the US side looks strong, they don't have any Tiger Woods sideshow and in Tom Watson they have a golf legend who, even now, can still play a decent round.

I plan to procure a decent cheeseboard and watch the whole final day, I feel sure it will go down to the wire.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Can't wait. Should be a cracker.

It's guess the pairings time. I'm going with:

Rose and Poulter
McIlroy and Kaymer
Westwood and Gallagher
Garcia and Stenson

Then I reckon he will play Bjorn and Donaldson and McDowell and Dubuisson in the foursomes, dropping the last 2 pairings if all goes to plan so everyone plays day 1.
Don't care about the yank pairings cos they are yanks and therefore crap :)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think you've called the pairings well there.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here