Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Train Disruption at Wivelsfield Due to a Fatality

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Can't quiet grasp why people choose this option...surely there is better ways of committing suicide?

I kind of agree with you, but I suspect the mental pain they are suffering far exceeds the thought of physical pain ahead. Their main objective is to be sure their life is ended and I don't think many survive being crushed by a train.

All very sad.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The station is at World's End.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I kind of agree with you, but I suspect the mental pain they are suffering far exceeds the thought of physical pain ahead. Their main objective is to be sure their life is ended and I don't think many survive being crushed by a train.

All very sad.
Yeah you have to be seriously ill to do that and its a horrific way to go that's for sure.Very hard to understand i guess due to the mental state,but jumping in front of trains has to be the no 1 suicide in the country.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I've noticed recently that they are much less subtle on the tannoys at train station's these days.

"blah blah blah, delay, blah blah, person under a train at Balcombe...."

Always used to be described as a 'fatality'.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
As per, Hove born and inbred displays a stunning lack of awareness with a grossly insensitive thread title. As someone who has experienced someone close doing this, and if I'm honest, considered it myself, I think it's a ****ing disgusting thread, made by an inconsiderate oafish ****.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Can't quiet grasp why people choose this option...surely there is better ways of committing suicide?

Think it would be pretty instant, better than waiting for some pills to kick in or waiting to suffocate. I think it's also more of a banker for a quick death than beachy head.
I'm sure if more handguns were available that would be the preferred way to go.

I've thought before that if I ever get a terminal illness where quailty of life goes and a quick death is preferrable, I'd quite like to be food for something else - either sharks or lions I think. Would mean a trip to africa while I'm still capable, I'm sure you could pick up a gun there pretty easily and just sit on the side of the boat and blow my brains out.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I've been debating whether to share this with NSC for a few days, but I am currently in a psychiatric unit for trying to kill myself last week. In fairness, having been able to keep hold of my iPad and access NSC has been one of the things that have kept me going, but a thread as insensitive as this has not especially helped.

Sorry for going off on one, I didn't really want this to turn into a look at me post, but sometimes it would be nice if people thought about how they are posting on subjects as sensitive as this. Sorry.

I've been debating whether to share this with NSC for a few days, but I am currently in a psychiatric unit for trying to kill myself last week. In fairness, having been able to keep hold of my iPad and access NSC has been one of the things that have kept me going, but a thread as insensitive as this has not especially helped.

Sorry for going off on one, I didn't really want this to turn into a look at me post, but sometimes it would be nice if people thought about how they are posting on subjects as sensitive as this. Sorry.

I hope it works out for you mate.

There is always help, and I trust you are receiving it.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Wow, stay strong fella.

If you ever near a chat or to get anything off your chest, always feel free to PM me.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Fair play for sharing. I actually think if subjects like death, suicide and mental health weren't so taboo then mabye people who are affected would feel they can bring their problems into the open before it's too late, and people who aren't affected would have a better understanding.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Its never easy for anyone to understand what many people go through in traumatic times.You i can see would find this a disturbing thread,but you are in the right place and hopefully you'll get the right treatment to guide you through,stay strong and you keep posting on here and hopefully it'll put a big fat smile on your face me old mucker:thumbsup:

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Thanks guys, it's been a pretty shithouse week to be fair, but the staff here are pretty good, and there's fewer people here talking to the radios in their heads than you might think. Family and friends have been ace, can honestly say the NHS is a ruddy marvel. Looking forward to coming out, but not entirely sure that's going to be for a while. That said I'm going to stream the shit out of the Burton game tonight!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here