Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away attendences

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
With what seems like another season of Low away attendences at the AMEX, would you be opposed to the club charging a flat rate for away fans even if this was less than what home fans were to pay?

Now I appriciate that this may encourage home fans try to get in the away end, but a few rules for cheaper tickets could be put in place.

However I would like the club to lead the change on away ticket match prices and also increase the away attendences at the AMEX.

£20-£25 a game would seem fair to me I hate paying over the odds for away tickets and would love to see a cap introduced throughout the leagues.

Thougts?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why on EARTH would home fans ever be asked to pay MORE than away fans? Absolutely hideous idea, hang your head in utter, utter shame.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Why on EARTH would home fans ever be asked to pay MORE than away fans? Absolutely hideous idea, hang your head in utter, utter shame.

Why on earth should an Away team have to pay our over inflated prices for match tickets.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Why on earth should an Away team have to pay our over inflated prices for match tickets.

Or how about the mind-bending concept of tickets being the same for home and away fans, as they are now? If you think Away ticket prices are too high then you must agree with me that home prices are too high, so why only lower one of the 2?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Northern teams like Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Middlesborough, Rotherham, Huddersfield and Blackpool are never going to travel all the way down here in big numbers, regardless of ticket prices. Leeds, Wednesday, Derby and Forest will, regardless of ticket prices.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I agree that £20-£25 is the correct price for the cheapest adult ticket but it should be that price for home and away supporters. Whilst the club can find enough people to pay more than this, the prices wont come down. Supply and demand and all that.

With what seems like another season of Low away attendences at the AMEX, would you be opposed to the club charging a flat rate for away fans even if this was less than what home fans were to pay?

Now I appriciate that this may encourage home fans try to get in the away end, but a few rules for cheaper tickets could be put in place.

However I would like the club to lead the change on away ticket match prices and also increase the away attendences at the AMEX.

£20-£25 a game would seem fair to me I hate paying over the odds for away tickets and would love to see a cap introduced throughout the leagues.

Thougts?

Would be happy with all away fans paying £15 at all grounds:thumbsup:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
When you look at a comparable product in the rest of Europe, our ticket prices are ridiculously high.

I honestly believe a 2nd tier football match should cost £15 for an adult, as it does in many other European leagues. Will that happen? I doubt it for quite some time unless some of these proposed protests occur that seem to be talked about by Premiership clubs.

However, given the original post, no way should away fans be charged less, under any circumstances. Charge the same as an equivalent seat in the home end.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Same as cheapest home seat, across the board I reckon
Obviously more expense travelling away, so some encouragement would be nice

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The prices are ridiculous in the championship and our home tickets need to be slashed,many clubs in the championship have deals through the season including kid for a quid on saturdays.Come next season the club really need get a grip and slash ST's and matchday ticket prices.

Scrap the bloody travel voucher aswell...That would save the club a few quid :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here