Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chill

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Tonights result is not THAT important. We were knocked out by Newport last season and Swindon the season before. It's been a tad disappointing so far but that is football and nothing illustrates the game better than the craziness of the championship. OK if we're rock bottom at Christmas than you can be peed off, but after the team gel a bit and with a bit of positivity we could be pushing for a play off place again. Keep the faith and remember compared with 17 years ago we're still in paradise. If that makes you cringe you are not a proper supporter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
True let's concentrate on staying in the Championship :wink:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Well I wouldn't mind getting into the 4th Round at the expense of another lower league club.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Seeing as mid-table mediocrity is looking likely, I really want us to go on decent cup runs for extra excitement this season.

Besides, The League Cup is the one trophy that Championship clubs have a realistic chance of actually winning.

Im with this view. If we could not care less about this cup then we should have just gone out in round one. Lots of bigger teams have already been knocked out, this really is a chance to get pretty far in a cup.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Not 'THAT' important, does not mean it would not be nice to win and if we do mean that does not mean we're likely to win the cup. If we were good enough to win the cup then surely we'd be good enough to make the play offs. Neither are that likely but that does not mean gloom and doom.

SAC

May 21, 2014
It's a Mickey Mouse cup right up until you play a team that you want to beat or are through to the last 8, at which point ticket prices suddenly double and everyone wants to attend.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Tonights result is not THAT important. We were knocked out by Newport last season and Swindon the season before. It's been a tad disappointing so far but that is football and nothing illustrates the game better than the craziness of the championship. OK if we're rock bottom at Christmas than you can be peed off, but after the team gel a bit and with a bit of positivity we could be pushing for a play off place again. Keep the faith and remember compared with 17 years ago we're still in paradise. If that makes you cringe you are not a proper supporter.

I think the game IS that important, but not for the obvious reasons. Yes, mickey mouse cup with very little interest until the final stages or you are drawn a grudge match, but after the run of league performances we need to bury Burton by a comfortable margin to restore confidence for the team, give the guys (especially Walton) who play tonight and aren't getting regular 1st team starts a chance to shine and possibly most importantly, have the crowd back behind the team, rather than booing them off the pitch.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is the draw for the next round tonight?

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I've never quite understood the cup v League thing. If we play well in the league we will play well in the cup and vice versa. Under Poyet we regularly beat premiership opposition and had decent cup runs because we were playing well in the championship. We need to concentrate on getting our team to gel and this sort of game is an added opportunity. 1) to give the newbies an extra 90 minutes to get comfortable and 2) if they score an added bous that they will go into the Forest game with more confidence. At least that's my view.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think you will find the consensus on here will be as follows:
If we win narrowly: Sami is useless, why did he rotate the team. We should be stuffing teams like this etc
If we win by a clear margin: The is just papering over the cracks. This was nothing other than a par performance.
If were loose: SAMI OUT! We can't score goals, boring football, BURKE out, the signings are terrible. God I wish Gus was still here to hold me at night.

If we loose it will be bedwetter Central on here tomorrow...

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Very good result. A bit of a confidence booster. My reverse psychology worked. They obviously read my post, relaxed and got the job done.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here