Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chill

Banned

Chill

1 Not allowed!
    Tonights result is not THAT important. We were knocked out by Newport last season and Swindon the season before. It's been a tad disappointing so far but that is football and nothing illustrates the game better than the craziness of the championship. OK if we're rock bottom at Christmas than you can be peed off, but after the team gel a bit and with a bit of positivity we could be pushing for a play off place again. Keep the faith and remember compared with 17 years ago we're still in paradise. If that makes you cringe you are not a proper supporter.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      True let's concentrate on staying in the Championship
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

0 Not allowed!
      Well I wouldn't mind getting into the 4th Round at the expense of another lower league club.
      "WINNERS FIND ANSWERS. PROMOTION CANDIDATES FIND THEIR SOLUTIONS. BRIGHTON HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TONIGHT" Sky Sports commentator after Glen Murray scored 94th minute at Birmingham. 17.12.2016

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Keep the faith and remember compared with 17 years ago we're still in paradise.
      .....you could also remember that compared to 34 years ago, we're still a bit sh1t! Come on the Albion - I want to be in that fourth round draw!

1 Not allowed!
      Seeing as mid-table mediocrity is looking likely, I really want us to go on decent cup runs for extra excitement this season.

Besides, The League Cup is the one trophy that Championship clubs have a realistic chance of actually winning.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa View Post
      Seeing as mid-table mediocrity is looking likely, I really want us to go on decent cup runs for extra excitement this season.

Besides, The League Cup is the one trophy that Championship clubs have a realistic chance of actually winning.
      Im with this view. If we could not care less about this cup then we should have just gone out in round one. Lots of bigger teams have already been knocked out, this really is a chance to get pretty far in a cup.
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      Not 'THAT' important, does not mean it would not be nice to win and if we do mean that does not mean we're likely to win the cup. If we were good enough to win the cup then surely we'd be good enough to make the play offs. Neither are that likely but that does not mean gloom and doom.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      It's a Mickey Mouse cup right up until you play a team that you want to beat or are through to the last 8, at which point ticket prices suddenly double and everyone wants to attend.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5 View Post
      Tonights result is not THAT important. We were knocked out by Newport last season and Swindon the season before. It's been a tad disappointing so far but that is football and nothing illustrates the game better than the craziness of the championship. OK if we're rock bottom at Christmas than you can be peed off, but after the team gel a bit and with a bit of positivity we could be pushing for a play off place again. Keep the faith and remember compared with 17 years ago we're still in paradise. If that makes you cringe you are not a proper supporter.

I think the game IS that important, but not for the obvious reasons. Yes, mickey mouse cup with very little interest until the final stages or you are drawn a grudge match, but after the run of league performances we need to bury Burton by a comfortable margin to restore confidence for the team, give the guys (especially Walton) who play tonight and aren't getting regular 1st team starts a chance to shine and possibly most importantly, have the crowd back behind the team, rather than booing them off the pitch.
      Banned

0 Not allowed!
      I think you will find the consensus on here will be as follows:
      If we win narrowly: Sami is useless, why did he rotate the team. We should be stuffing teams like this etc
      If we win by a clear margin: The is just papering over the cracks. This was nothing other than a par performance.
      If were loose: SAMI OUT! We can't score goals, boring football, BURKE out, the signings are terrible. God I wish Gus was still here to hold me at night.