Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hyypia-240914-l229-1957353_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
11:07 24th September 2014
by James Hilsum
They are different tasks to what the players are used to and it takes time for them to adapt. "
Sami Hyypia

Sami Hyypia says it has taken time for the players to adapt to his style of play but is confident they will start to pick up results again, as Brighton & Hove Albion prepare to face Burton Albion tonight.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “Of course I would like everything to go quicker, but I understand that it is not always possible.
“We have worked on things for different positions. They are different tasks to what the players are used to and it takes time for them to adapt."For example in the midfield, we’ll probably have attacking central midfield players, but in this system they need to have a bit more discipline and cannot always run forward when they want to.
“So of course the players need to adapt to those things and it doesn’t happen in a week or two, but the quicker it happens, the better it is for all of us.
“The roles for the midfielders has probably changed the most, but I think they understand the importance of what we are doing and that they need to be disciplined.
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

“There are some other areas that we need to work on as well and hopefully we can get everything sorted as soon as possible, because we need results and we get confidence from the results. But we can’t lose the faith in what we are doing at the moment.
“I have a lot of faith in the squad and I hope that all the individual players have faith in what we are trying to do. It is very important that everyone works their socks off to make this come true.”Hyypia is likely to rotate his squad for the Capital One Cup tie and says it will be a chance for some of the players previously on the fringes of the team to stake their claims for regular places.
“This competition is an opportunity for one or two players who haven’t played that many games to get 90 minutes or some more time on the field, to show me that they are ready to have more minutes in the league as well.
“I’m not underestimating Burton at all, but it’s important that we use the other players in the squad. We have a difficult game at the weekend as well and we will make some changes then too and hopefully these players will do a good job for us.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h] [h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF
[/h] TUESday 30TH september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h] SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ROTHERHAM
[/h] saturDAY 25TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here