Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Triangle-Burgess Hill

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Nearly 3 months since the not so smooth change over of the management occurred. Looks like the major building work has started to take place.

I think the gym is closed for a couple of days from tomorrow so they can set up a temporary gym to allow building work.

The Sports Shop closes for good on Sunday. Work starts next week on the 'MyRide' spinning studio to take it's place. Has anybody ever used a virtual reality spinning studio before? What are they like?

How's the Triangle for you at the moment? They can spend a fortune on a redevelopment but I still like to moan they don't have skimmed milk at the cafe anymore.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
The place is terrible, I dont know anybody who bothers using this now, problems pretty much since it opened.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
My kids like the pool although I think it's a bit pricey. Are there any plans for the pool ?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just got back from the gym. Does a job, no complaints really at a pretty reasonable price - using it 4/5 times a week I am basically paying £2 a session although my use will drop soon. Will wait to see what the new one is like, but supposed to be bigger, with new kit so hopeful. The current machines are functional but a bit tired.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
As long as the jacket potatoes are good I'll be happy . I think they are doing free swimming for under eights all children should learn to swim.do check first.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Presumably the same people run that as The Dolphin Centre in Haywards Heath and they have closed part of it for building work and set up a temporary gym. They are changing a lot of the machines so there must be good money to be made in gyms.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Been a bit of a mess since the new lot took over (freedom let it get run down before they were given the boot). Gym closed for 2 days from tomorrow then get a smaller temp gym before it's closed again while they fit the whole place out.
Something had to be done as the place was falling apart, hoping for lots more equipment rather than just the my ride and replacing the old equipment.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
Presumably the same people run that as The Dolphin Centre in Haywards Heath and they have closed part of it for building work and set up a temporary gym. They are changing a lot of the machines so there must be good money to be made in gyms.

Your presumption is correct. The sport shop closes there next week and that will also become a myride spinning studio.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
You have had your last beer at the Triangle. The Bar has gone!

I guess there is a debate whether a leisure centre should actually sell alcohol anyway?

For: Goes down well with some after a social game of 5 a side or squash.
Con: Obviously it's bad for you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just enrolled at The Dolphin it is £10 for 10 weeks and £2.15 each attendance for over 65s. I am not 100% sure whether or not I have to pay another £10 per 10 weeks after the initial payment. If I do it is still reasonable because the £2.15 allows use of the gym and equipment and the health pool including sauna and sweat room.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I was hoping this was going to be something along the lines of the bermuda triangle!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
You have had your last beer at the Triangle. The Bar has gone!

I guess there is a debate whether a leisure centre should actually sell alcohol anyway?

For: Goes down well with some after a social game of 5 a side or squash.
Con: Obviously it's bad for you.

Kind of a shame but there is a pub about 2 mins walk away for rehydration purposes

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Because if he doesn't, his experience there won't count.

Because if he doesn't live there it wouldn't be unsurprising that he doesn't know anyone that uses it! Living in Burgess Hill myself I know plenty of people that use the place. It is not the greatest place but if you want a swim it's ok. Plenty of people enjoy the gym and there are plenty of people using the hall for badders, volleyball etc. Not quite sure what people expect from a council owned leisure centre!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here