Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Nice to read, especially as it was the day before his brace in that game. So pleased for him.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
That article sums up the terribleness of the Brighton Argus who would never produce an article like that despite Brian Owen speaking Spanish

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Very pleased for him... his talent was undoubted (by most) but he would run out of steam and look lethargic and tired too often in a BHA shirt... I'd be interested to see if playing with another striker and/or potential improvement in fitness at Leicester helps with that, because if so he will continue to score goals.

I will never forget him fighting his way through Derby fans at the final whistle of the playoff semi to come and clap us - he was clearly dead on his feet and he just kept going - top respect.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Very pleased for him... his talent was undoubted (by most) but he would run out of steam and look lethargic and tired too often in a BHA shirt... I'd be interested to see if playing with another striker and/or potential improvement in fitness at Leicester helps with that, because if so he will continue to score goals.

I will never forget him fighting his way through Derby fans at the final whistle of the playoff semi to come and clap us - he was clearly dead on his feet and he just kept going - top respect.

Kevin Phillips was on SSN this morning saying Ulloa was 'obviously not fit enough' when he went to Leicester

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Kevin Phillips was on SSN this morning saying Ulloa was 'obviously not fit enough' when he went to Leicester

Unfortunately I think there may well be something in that... He did go through a spell of playing 90 mins on his own for months though - particuarly under Poyet... and I remember one game at Peterborough where I thought he was going to collapse with exhaustion.

Was it his fitness (and if so, is that not a concern if the same coaches are still present) or the way he was played?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
We shouldn't forget that he had to recover from a broken foot, so it would have taken time to get back to normal fitness levels. He would have still had to nurse that injury even when he returned.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't buy the "unfit" comments. If he and / or the Albion had poor fitness then how come we managed to beat Leicester 3-1 and 4-1 last season?

There's a difference between being unfit and being tired. Playing the lone striker role in a side under Oscar and his defensive tactics would be enough to run most strikers into the ground by Easter. Leo WAS a quality striker AND STILL IS a quality striker. I've never thought he looked unfit, and I hope he finishes as the Prem Top Scorer because he IS a legend.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I don't buy the "unfit" comments. If he and / or the Albion had poor fitness then how come we managed to beat Leicester 3-1 and 4-1 last season?

There's a difference between being unfit and being tired. Playing the lone striker role in a side under Oscar and his defensive tactics would be enough to run most strikers into the ground by Easter. Leo WAS a quality striker AND STILL IS a quality striker. I've never thought he looked unfit, and I hope he finishes as the Prem Top Scorer because he IS a legend.

I agree. I don't believe you can ever accuse him of being unfit. After his injury he was a lot more nervous either because he was scared of being injured or under strict instructions not to get injured again, but he did, generally, play until he couldn't play any more.

He is a quality player but feel that we did good business to get the price we did for him based on his later performances. In the right set up, he is proving he is better than we managed to squeeze from him.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Just listened to an interview with Tim Vickery, knowledgeable and well respected South American based football journalist, he mentioned that Ulloa is being considered for the Argentina national team :eek:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

I couldn't agree more. Leo was nothing but quality for us in his time here, not only a tireless worker but a gifted striker with a tremendous attitude too.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Leicester did not seem to realise that they got one of the best headers of the ball for £8m ...there were a lot of adverse comments on Foxes Talk about the signing...saying they thought they had signed an overpriced striker/wasn't fit,etc...do they think that now
Would love him back here...Who's that man from Argentina...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The whole attitude of:-

'why did we sell him'.
'Imagine what we could do this season'.
'Would love to have him back',

is pretty pointless, he's gone and was always going.

It's just nice for Leo (and I guess the club) it was done with good grace.
All that was left was just the formalities of where, when & how much.
There isn't any set of circumstances, once Premier League interest was 'official', that would have kept Leo here.

That is the simple fact of being a second division football team irrespective of the massive debt.
The same applies the world over to pretty much every team except 3 or 4.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Love this man. Miss him playing in white and blue but such is life. Really pleased he is banging them in for the foxes and only hope he can stick a few away at the scum on Saturday infront of the homesdale bellends.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here