Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If you could, would you go back to the Withdean for one more game?

Would you go back for one more game?

• Yes

Votes: 59 53.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 46.8%

• Total voters

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Was talking to a friend about this and we both said yes.

Would you and if so why?

image.jpg

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Definitely. A chance to sit in the Family Stand with all the rest of the little group that we had one more time. Happy days.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
for a chance to see how far we've come, as well as just enjoying the simplicity of the whole day. nothing was too complex or high tech, it was simply football and nothing more

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
God no. It was a horrible place to watch football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yes, would be good to catch up with the regulars from H Block, one or two of them I've rarely bumped into at the Amex, probably because we're all in different parts of the ground now. Some of THIS lot...

H Block.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, would be good to catch up with the regulars from H Block, one or two of them I've rarely bumped into at the Amex, probably because we're all in different parts of the ground now. Some of THIS lot...

View attachment 58920

That's not a goal, that's just after it's been announced there is no rain forecast that day.

Anyway, can't be during a game as we never had an empty seats…right…right!?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

View attachment 58920

I can see myself in that photo, good times.

Being at an age where I'm too young to remember going to the Goldstone, almost all of my earliest football memories are from Withdean. For that reason alone it's always going to be a special place for me. I'd love one last season at the Theatre of Trees.

Being able to get the train at 2:30, wandering through the muddy little walkway to the ground, grabbing a burger and chips, pissing about in H block having a laugh and then spending the last 5 minutes of the match on the runway, mainly for the LIMBS that would occur if we got a late winner.

I MISS the old shithole. :(

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I voted no, but don't misunderstand me, l truly loved our time at Withdean, l had an excellent seat, sat amongst a great set of people, and we enjoyed quite a bit of success there on the field, but as Micky Adams would testify, never go back. That was then and this is now. Some great memories to look back on, but lets leave it in the past.

SittingbourneSeagull

Dec 27, 2007
Sittingbourne
Not for the ground, the rain or the atmosphere, but would love to experience the Man City cup game and Swindon play off games again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here