Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taxi for Miliband ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
After that 'speech' is he real ? ''Where i live i meet in the park people and chat with'' WTF it's Primrose Hill,for Chirst's sake ! Who can afford to live there ? Unless your Labour. :facepalm:

Ed-Miliband-wallac_1523675a.jpg

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Just another career politician who has done diddly squat in the real world and frankly shouldn't be trusted with something as important as the nation's finances. That applies to all these spads across the parties.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can't think of a worse party leader in the last 30 years.

not really think hard enough are you. though he is poor, i was surprised to learn he's beating even Clegg in least liked leader polls.

the bizarre thing is the polls still show a Labour minority win next spring, its will be odd to have such an unpopular/untrusted leader in power through accident of a internal party fit up several years ago.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
not really think hard enough are you. though he is poor, i was surprised to learn he's beating even Clegg.

the bizarre thing is the polls still show a Labour minority win next spring, its will be odd to have such an unpopular/untrusted leader in power through accident of a internal party fit up several years hence.

I think though that polls are misleading here. I think labour will really struggle to get their vote out and while people will say they will vote labour in opinion polls they won't actually do it on the day. That could be crucial in marginals.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
After that 'speech' is he real ? ''Where i live i meet in the park people and chat with'' WTF it's Primrose Hill,for Chirst's sake ! Who can afford to live there ? Unless your Labour. :facepalm:
I believe that was the focal point of his speech, yes. Well done.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
not really think hard enough are you. though he is poor, i was surprised to learn he's beating even Clegg in least liked leader polls.

the bizarre thing is the polls still show a Labour minority win next spring, its will be odd to have such an unpopular/untrusted leader in power through accident of a internal party fit up several years ago.

Not suprised about Clegg, but more a reflection on the party than the leader I think.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Both he and Labour are dead in the water. Three reasons that they will not even get close at the general election.

1. The mess they created having been given the best legacy of any government for a very long time.

2. Ed Miliband. Just the wrong charisma, unelectable.

3. The 'money is all gone' note.

It will be another 10 years before they get a sniff of a majority Labour government, thankfully I will be living elsewhere by then.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm naturally a Labour supporter but Ed Milliband is wrong for the party.

Whoever co-wrote the dull as dishwater speech today needs shooting.

Still having said that, the Tory Boys are facing defeat after a disastrous term helping their multi millionaire chums whilst taking £10+ per week out of vulnerable peoples pockets for the bedroom tax amongst other despicable policies designed to hurt the poor and help the rich.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Give him ten years as he asking for and we will treble the country's debt and it won't be just our children suffering it be our ggggggg grand children will be paying the debt.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
What piss poor leaders we have in charge of the main two parties. Dumb and Dumber :ffsparr:

It is never going to change unless the two party strength is broken. I would like to see a real coalition with cabinet posts selected on merit and the prime minister selected by the elected MPs. But not in my lifetime. The party system is so destructive. All politicians are more interested in scoring points against the other side than actually being constructive.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For an opposition, they will flop dismally at the next election, because:

The smug, amateurish and bullying Ed Balls will never shake off his mismanagement (in team Brown) of the borrowing boom that made the crash worse than it could have been.

Milliband, bless, just isn't good at the people, speech, TV thing. Most people would be the same, but they're not aiming to win a country's hearts and heads in an election. Until belatedly now, too late, he's spent 4 years being the merchant of doom with no policy ideas.

A political stunt by the Tories, but an effective one: the inequity of Scottish MPs voting on matters SOLELY affecting England or England & Wales. If that rankles with a sizeable number of undecided voters, that could be devastating.

To his dismay, the economic recovery did happen, under policies he vilified. He stated that the coalition's plan would fail. That a 'borrow even more, to spend, plan' was the only way to get the economy going. He was wrong and the silence is deafening.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
This is FAB.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/sep/23/ian-martin-labour-conference-thick-of-it

"It’s worth bitterly remembering that in his mullet-punching, croquet-playing, chipolata-presenting pomp, when he was being yanked onstage as Blair’s working-class credibility gimp, Prescott was the one who championed PFI and put public sector procurement on tick for the next half-century, at payback rates that would shame Wonga"

:lolol:

"All this rousing stuff is applauded, but then so is the silky batter of Ed Balls’ austerity pancake mix."

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am sure my good german friend Herr Tubthumper is desperately looking for ways to have his "Ed" tattoo layered out now after this latest farce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here