sami-hyypia-230914-l229-1936099_478x359.jpg

Sami Hyypia during the Blackpool match.
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
14:09 23rd September 2014
by James Hilsum
In a cup competition anything is possible and anything can happen on the day."
Sami Hyypia

Brighton & Hove Albion manager Sami Hyypia says it is vital that his players go into tomorrow night’s Capital One Cup tie with Burton Albion in the right mentality to avoid a shock exit from the competition.Despite losing back-to-back league games against AFC Wimbledon and Bury, the Brewers are still sitting in second place in League Two and Hyypia has told his squad they'll need to stay focussed for the entire tie.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “We need to make sure we have the right attitude from the start until the end of the game, because if you start the game very well and after half hour you don’t do anything more, then we won't get a good result.
“If a bigger team takes it easy and they take the attitude that it’s not a very important competition and players say they wouldn’t really like to be on the field to play this type of game, then it all goes wrong.
“We’re going to have a line-up tomorrow that I think can win the game. Every competition is important, but I think the main thing which everyone looks at at the end of the year is the league, even if you go to the semi-final of the League Cup and finish 18th in the league then I don’t think anyone can be very satisfied with how the season has gone.
“That’s one thing that we need to remember. In a cup competition anything is possible and anything can happen on the day. The result and whoever goes through is due to the actual form on that day.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Hyypia is backing his strikers to hit the goal trail after an indifferent start to the season, with centre-back Lewis Dunk currently sitting top of the goalscorers list.“They will gel together for sure. When I see how many goals we have scored, of course I’m not happy that our top scorer is a centre-back.
“That’s one thing that we need to correct very quickly and one or two of the offensive players will catch him and go past him in the goalscoring lists, so it’s very hard to say that I’m happy with the offensive players, but I’m pretty sure that we will get it together.
“We will get them to understand what is expected in each situation and get more bodies in the dangerous areas on the field.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF
[/h]TUESday 30TH september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ROTHERHAM
[/h]saturDAY 25TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here