Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

C'mon NSC. Dish The Dirt On Smug Local Twerp PASSENGER!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NSC sees all, knows all. Don't let me down now.

While trawling for Royal Blood tickets at the Dome like everybody else, came across the startling fact that the smug beardie twerp known as PASSENGER is in fact a local lad. Know for a fact that loads of you must have gone to school with him. What's the back story? Is he shagging that bird in the vid? Where's that soppy audience from? Who thought it was a good idea to do a video that mainly films roadies drearily doing what roadies do.

Here's the well weird vid for those that haven't yet seen it...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
what a wet wipe!???

For sure. Wiki says he is Michael David Rosenberg, better known by his stage name Passenger, an English folk-rock singer-songwriter. Born: May 17, 1984 (age 30), Brighton and Hove (where he apparently still lives). Maybe even be a WSU STH. C'Mon! SOMEBODY knows! :lol:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I know someone who was friends with him when they were young kids. Don't know how well they know each other these days, though.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Maybe this would please you more. He busks around town occasionally, your vid. is the Bud video from the Superbowl. He is probably worldwide, one of the biggest deals musically to come from Brighton.

SuperWill

Feb 17, 2012
Hove
Been out for drinks with him a few times as lots of mates went to school. Seems a nice bloke. Not my taste in music but don't begrudge him the success he has had. Broke in Australia before UK labels would give him the platform here. Worked his way up. Busking to help pay for his own solo gigs and selling out biggish venues unsigned. Being a Brighton boy though he is abvously an Arsenal fan.

Apr 12, 2011
Don't know him but met him and had a chat at one of his busking sessions.

Properly nice guy, worked his way up from nothing, and as mentioned above has funded himself through busking and sales. He is so appreciative of all his fans, and makes a point of busking in every city he plays in regardless of the fact that he will be selling tickets to a show later that evening still.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Have no muck to spread about him, but I'm pleased for him in getting the success he's earned in a competitive industry/art.

I love 'Let her go', and his singing voice. During long car journeys in Europe this summer, we kept picking it up on local radio stations, showing his fame is far and wide.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What an odd and rather sad thread.

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
Saw him before he hit the big time playing a small gig at the Open house, thoroughly recommended to see live though it probably will be a different experience seeing him now, as people have already said he does do alot of busking and fully expect he will be out on the streets (normally near the theatre royal) the days around his concerts at the Centre.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Maybe this would please you more. He busks around town occasionally, your vid. is the Bud video from the Superbowl. He is probably worldwide, one of the biggest deals musically to come from Brighton.

That is magnificent....love it.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
NSC sees all, knows all. Don't let me down now.

While trawling for Royal Blood tickets at the Dome like everybody else, came across the startling fact that the smug beardie twerp known as PASSENGER is in fact a local lad. Know for a fact that loads of you must have gone to school with him. What's the back story? Is he shagging that bird in the vid? Where's that soppy audience from? Who thought it was a good idea to do a video that mainly films roadies drearily doing what roadies do.

Here's the well weird vid for those that haven't yet seen it...

Just because the music / video is not to your liking, why do you call him a "smug beardie twerp"? so who do you like to listen to or watch, regarding musical artists?

Oh and why does it interest you if he is shagging the bird in the vid?

Personally I had never heard of this guy before, I think he is quite good.

Anyone brave enought to busk gets my vote. There was lad outside M & S in Eastbourne a couple of weeks ago busking - can't have been much more than 13. He wasn't very good but we did make the point of listening to him for a few minutes and putting some change in his hat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here