Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion U21s v Albion U21s (Baggies v Seagulls) Tonight - 7pm

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The U21s face Albion tonight at the Ricoh Arena (two days before the first team face Albion at the Pirelli Stadium).

Our U21s picked up their first win of the season last week against the Rams, having suffered two defeats to open the season against Blackburn and Middlesbrough. The Throstles U21s have started with two wins (against Wolves and Bolton) and a defeat to the Gunners.

The good guys:- Smith (GK); Hunt, Dallison-Lisbon, Pappoe, Barnett; Deen, Rea, Harris; Muitt, Starkey, Cole. Subs: Doherty (GK), Wiltshire, Barry, Barclay, Maguire-Drew.

The Baggies squad:- Daniels, Donnellan, Ezewele, Howkins, Kandi, Leko, A Nabi, S Nabi, O’Neil, Pace, Roofe, Rose, Smart, Varela, Ward, Wedderburn.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Why do WBA DS play at The Ricoh assuming it is the one in Coventry?

They started playing there last season, and have agreed to play 8 of their 11 matches there this season (with the other 3 at the Hawthorns, which is mandated by the league). I've seen it suggested that they are paying £1,750 per match staged there. I don't know what the spectator facilities are at their training ground (if, indeed, there are any spectator facilities), but I would imagine they got a great deal from the Ricoh Arena and it makes more sense financially than to open the Hawthorns. Leicester City are also playing 3 of their U21 games there.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They started playing there last season, and have agreed to play 8 of their 11 matches there this season (with the other 3 at the Hawthorns, which is mandated by the league). I've seen it suggested that they are paying £1,750 per match staged there. I don't know what the spectator facilities are at their training ground (if, indeed, there are any spectator facilities), but I would imagine they got a great deal from the Ricoh Arena and it makes more sense financially than to open the Hawthorns. Leicester City are also playing 3 of their U21 games there.

Can understand that but would have thought they would have looked nearer home like a top amateur ground in Birmingham or even The Bescot only just up the motorway a Walsall.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here