Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Qatar set to lose World Cup?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Haven't seen a thread about this yet but US sites are reporting that Qatar is about to be stripped of the WC.

From what I can see, it's one board member shouting his mouth off, so it's not official but FIFA tends to keep these things quiet so you can bet that this has at least been discussed.

Does this mean the brown envelopes have to go back?

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
It means that the FIFA natives are starting to break ranks; but the big cheese will be crowned again soon & it will all go away.
How they can order an investigation into corruption but not allow the report to be seen just about sums them up.
I pray that both Russia & Qatar lose their corrupt WC's and the whole bent lot at FIFA are out on their ear; but of course it won't happen.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Haven't seen a thread about this yet but US sites are reporting that Qatar is about to be stripped of the WC.

From what I can see, it's one board member shouting his mouth off, so it's not official but FIFA tends to keep these things quiet so you can bet that this has at least been discussed.

Shouting his mouth off. Qatar. Vicks Sinex

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK

Links?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Matthew Syed penned a damning and rather sad critique in The Times this morning:

'......FIFA has announced that it would not publish the details of its investigation into the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids. Qatar won the 2022 vote, but there have been allegations that Mohammad Bin Hammam, a prominent Qatari and former president of the Asian football confederation paid out huge amounts in bribes. It is one of the most pressing scandals in the sport. Many are astonished that FIFA could have the gall to suppress its own findings, but it was all rather predictable. Members of FIFA who took brown envelopes stuffed with cash do not regard themselves as crooks. They see themselves as benefactors who are paid for their brilliant work through unconventional means. They believe they deserve it. And they think it is ridiculous that people are attempting to make a big deal out of the scandal, let alone this blasted report.....'

Syed then goes on to highlight various examples of how the English FA have been complicit in this culture. He claims that the FA. '......profoundly lacks the moral authority to lead change from within...'

Good on you Matthew. You won't be getting an Xmas card from Greg Dyke then.....

I really hope there is substance to the BBC report suggesting there will be a legal challenge seeking to get the report published and not allow FIFA to bury the findings.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Qatar would then sue FIFA as the construction of several stadium is well under way.

its not like it cost them much. it cost alot of migrant workers their lives and limbs, but not the Qataris.

this stinks, and as i read today FIFA is registered as a charity they should be obliged to publish such a report.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Whilst Russia morally shouldnt have a WC (the homophobia, human rights, ukraine etc etc) at least its a country with football pedigree and politics aside it should host a world cup albeit won by nefarious means.

but quatar. **** off no heritage, scorching heat, stadia built with slave labour madness.

USA to host 2022. Mark my words. Wont be us the football wprld well FIFA hate us.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Good luck to anyone prepared to take on the crooked Qataries.

Bear in mind this is the country that funds the Islamic terrorists, who remove peoples head with a knife if they stand in their way.

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
I hope so, all of these oil rich middle east countries are run by superiority complex w###ers. I feel sorry for all the low wage people working there just to support their families back home. Most of them are treated like crap.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
When's this big independent report coming then?

"American lawyer Michael Garcia filed his report this month, but Fifa says its contents will not be made public." Please don't use the word independant, far from it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here