Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My dream about Gus...

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
So there I as the other night and I had a dream, a dream of Gus and me. I’ve not really given Gus much thought for a while, I thought I’d moved on, but the emotional strain of said dream has left me in no doubt: In spite of it all, the break up, the failed bromance - I’m still in love with the man, the MAN Gus Poyet.

So back to the dream: I was getting ready to play 5 a side, as I do each week, although the changing facilities were strangely different and rather posh… anyway… I was putting my socks on and this voice says: “Hi…” I look up and it’s Gus… “Hello Gus…” and then he says: “Oh you’re a brighton fan… I’m sorry… really sorry.” Emotive string music begins to play and Gus proceeds to tell me why he is a broken man after his Albion dream ended, in the sad way it did… I was (in the dream) distraught, nay beyond distraught… it felt like I’d loved and lost… I began to weep, Gus close to tears took me in his arms and hugged me, a proper man hug… I was devastated, you see I knew the embrace would end and we’d part, we did and he said… “Listen, I’ve got to go… play a good game…” “Gus… you were the best man, the best…” cheeky smile “I know, I know…”

It’s not the same without him really… I don’t know, the magic has faded somewhat... Was he a once in a generation manager?!? Hmmmmmmmm it's one to ponder, but I suspect so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here