baker-210914-l229-1932779_478x359.jpg

Faye Baker
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
10:00 22nd September 2014
by James Hilsum
We need to tighten up at the back and stay a bit composed now and again."
Faye Baker

Faye Baker believes Brighton & Hove Albion women need to learn not to panic defensively following yesterday’s 1-1 draw at Cardiff City.Albion keeper says that the team need to show more composure after a defensive error led to the opening goal of the game.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “We need to tighten up at the back and stay a bit composed now and again. I think we need to learn not to panic when the other side gets on top.
“In that situation we should relax and kill teams off with our passing game, rather than panic ourselves.
“I was disappointed with their goal and on another day I would’ve probably tipped that around the post, but I was a lot busier than I normally am and it was my busiest game of the season so far. I don’t think I did too badly but I can always do better.
“I like to think that I’ve had an involvement and done my part to help the team get a result, but I’m just happy when the team wins.
“I’m not too bothered if I’m busy enough, as long as we collectively do well as a team.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

The shot-stopper says Albion were the better team on the day, but that a draw may have been a fair result as the side did not create too many clear-cut chances.“I thought we were the better team and played the ball around nicely. We tried to get it down in tight areas even though they were pressing us, but I think we showed a lot of heart to get back into the game when we went 1-0 down and they only scored due to our mistake.
“They never outplayed us, but I don’t think we tested the keeper enough or created as many chances as we do normally. We still stayed composed and worked hard though, which was pleasing.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF
[/h]TUESday 30TH september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ROTHERHAM
[/h]saturDAY 25TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here