Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Orlandi claims BHAFC club doctor cost him 2 months out last season

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I believe we have a new club doctor this season.

I have this label of being a player bond to injuries and I don’t like it. Last season I missed more than two months of competition due to the club’s doctor’s mistake. I don’t want to even begin to explain how much I suffered and what a doctor in Barcelona told me afterwards, as there is no point in looking back. But no one came to my defence, no one said anything and at the end of the season they decided not to renew my contract. In Swansea, in Brighton and now in Blackpool I have always done the same, I have devoted myself body and soul and this kind of situations hurt, because my friends, football players are also human beings!

Rest of his blog here...... http://www.am14.net/orlandis-monday-like-wounded-animal-14110/

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh dear. That's unfortunate. I doubt Helge will like that. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, it's a bit unedifying of Andrea to post something like that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh dear. That's unfortunate. I doubt Helge will like that. Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, it's a bit unedifying of Andrea to post something like that.

The fact that he did though, means that its probably true. Everything is easy in hindsight though, isn't it? - even an inexact science like medicine.

I love Andrea as much as the next man, but these comments are no more than a diversionary response to accusations of his being a sicknote. Which sadly, he is :down:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The fact that he did though, means that its probably true. Everything is easy in hindsight though, isn't it? - even an inexact science like medicine.

I love Andrea as much as the next man, but these comments are no more than a diversionary response to accusations of his being a sicknote. Which sadly, he is :down:

He could still turn me though, as could Calde.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I would expect that he is talking about a misdiagnosis or a missed problem, rather than anything positively harmful. I can imagine for a player it's very frustrating, and this is his side of things the way he sees it. He sounds like he would have liked the club to say "Orlandi was out a lot of last season, but some of that was the fault of the club doctor", when actually it's just life. Happens sometimes, the player feels massively hard done by, and it's easy to understand, but the reality is no medical staff/team are ever 100% perfect and this kind of thing can happen.

Love the guy 100%, but needs to man up on this kind of thing.

"The real man is one who always finds excuses for others, but never excuses himself."

- Henry Ward Beecher

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think he is feeling unfairly treated by being released, when he missed two months of the season, which wasn't his fault. He blogged last week that Oscar recommended that he get a further contract.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I'd heard one of the reasons Oscar left was to do with the club doctor as well. That, this article and the fact he's no longer with us makes it sound more plausible..

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Despite the German doctors reputation I think our injuries and the ambiguous amounts of time it took players to come back from them speaks volumes!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The doctor should have prescribed a course of leeches.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Did u have a nice holiday?

A dim and distant memory Lamie - although I do remember 95 deg every day.
Sitting round a sports bar buying Budweiser (ten in a bucket) x 3:drink: with an ex professional who played on the wing for Watford & Birmingham in the late nineties? Now up North coaching----I was so bladdered I cant remember his name:facepalm:
We watched Man City get beat by Stoke then Chelsea 6 Everton 3 :cool:
Must admit never saw one goal due to the wimmin serving us in HOT PANTS:blush:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Foot Injury

He's got plantar fasciitis and a very common cause is increasing training too rapidly. I wonder if his current medic is a load of cack as well?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
He's got plantar fasciitis and a very common cause is increasing training too rapidly. I wonder if his current medic is a load of cack as well?

Piss poor and bad form.

He was a German doctor FFS, I would have expected a robust defence of him.

Standards are slipping HT

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Piss poor and bad form.

He was a German doctor FFS, I would have expected a robust defence of him.

Standards are slipping HT

:smile:

He went to work in the UK. He was a turn-coat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
A dim and distant memory Lamie - although I do remember 95 deg every day.
Sitting round a sports bar buying Budweiser (ten in a bucket) x 3:drink: with an ex professional who played on the wing for Watford & Birmingham in the late nineties? Now up North coaching----I was so bladdered I cant remember his name:facepalm:
We watched Man City get beat by Stoke then Chelsea 6 Everton 3 :cool:
Must admit never saw one goal due to the wimmin serving us in HOT PANTS:blush:

Did er in doors go on this holiday too?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here