Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

train help please

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I want to go to Edmonton Green in North London on wednesday morning.
Now the planner tells me to go St Pancras (from Brighton)
Then
Take the Victoria Line towards Walthamstow Central Underground Station
or Victoria Line towards Seven Sisters Underground Station to
Seven Sisters Rail Station
Then Take Greater Anglia towards Hertford East Rail Station
to Edmonton Green Rail Station

Now i know the travel card will cover the to and from London and the underground
but does it include the overground from Seven sister to Edmonton Green?

If not do i just get the tube to Seven sisters and pay for a cab to Edmonton
My destination from seven sisters tube station in about 3 miles so don't want to walk it !

help appreciated.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
It covers all transport in the Zones 1-6 area in london, Tubes , buses or overground trains

Thank you kind sir, can i assume seven sisters and Edmonton Green are within these zones? I dont do this very often ? :blush:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Agree with [MENTION=38]Beach Hut[/MENTION]
An all zones travelcard will cover whatever you need - the map shows the limits

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean
I want to go to Edmonton Green in North London on wednesday morning.
Now the planner tells me to go St Pancras (from Brighton)
Then
Take the Victoria Line towards Walthamstow Central Underground Station
or Victoria Line towards Seven Sisters Underground Station to
Seven Sisters Rail Station
Then Take Greater Anglia towards Hertford East Rail Station
to Edmonton Green Rail Station

Now i know the travel card will cover the to and from London and the underground
but does it include the overground from Seven sister to Edmonton Green?

If not do i just get the tube to Seven sisters and pay for a cab to Edmonton
My destination from seven sisters tube station in about 3 miles so don't want to walk it !

help appreciated.
**** me......ask your mum

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thank you for that good advice. which is the cheapest site to book on, i don't have any rail card etc.

Ahem, as I do not actually need to buy rail fares (waits to be slagged off) I should promote my companies web site so redspottedhanky.com

What time are you leaving and from which station ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
If i book on "the train line .com" i have state which trains i want to travel on but on the "southern railways .com"
it states Only select a service if you want to reserve a seat

Can i assume this to mean as its a travel card i can travel on any train to Victoria so long as it does not arrive into London before 10:55 or departing London between 16:15-19:15 Monday to Friday.

I really am a train newbie :blush:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If i book on "the train line .com" i have state which trains i want to travel on but on the "southern railways .com"

Can i assume this to mean as its a travel card i can travel on any train to Victoria so long as it does not arrive into London before 10:55 or departing London between 16:15-19:15 Monday to Friday.

Correct for the off peak business - look at my post above, be damned if using those lot :thumbsup:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne

Id use the Southern website or Red Spotted Hanky if i were you, unsure on discounts but might be cheaper - no card fees either.

And its a Super Off-peak Travelcard which has the strict restrictions. An "Off-peak" TC has a restriction that you must arrive in London after 09.55, but has no returning restrictions. It might also be further cheaper getting a "Thameslink Only" ticket - basically using a Thameslink service to East Croydon, changing there for Victoria, then tube and train to Edmonton.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Id use the Southern website or Red Spotted Hanky if i were you, unsure on discounts but might be cheaper - no card fees either.

And its a Super Off-peak Travelcard which has the strict restrictions. An "Off-peak" TC has a restriction that you must arrive in London after 09.55, but has no returning restrictions. It might also be further cheaper getting a "Thameslink Only" ticket - basically using a Thameslink service to East Croydon, changing there for Victoria, then tube and train to Edmonton.

Are these still available now the franchise has changed to Southern ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Ahem, as I do not actually need to buy rail fares (waits to be slagged off) I should promote my companies web site so redspottedhanky.com

What time are you leaving and from which station ?

Ok, I'll use yours, makes no difference to me, unless you can PM me any discount codes :wink:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Redspotty hanky does not give any options for a travelcard?
Outward
Super Off Peak Day Return (£17.40)
To: London Victoria
Date: Wed 24 Sep 2014
Dep: 10:05
Arr: 11:10
Chgs: 1

how do i upgrade it to a travelcard?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
This is quite similar to the problem i had a while back and i guess its amazing how easily it gets solved through the help of these wise people. Well i would like to appreciate you for helping others in a way surely with traveling there is a lot to take care of.

Riiiiight. Having seen your other posts I'm not so sure that your legit......

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here