Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ayr gold cup at half-time - seriously?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
There was an opportunity for Brighton fans to get a free £5 bet via skybet. Was set up by a Brighton fan and season ticket holder. Unfortunately the wireless wasn't good enough for me to get on :(

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Fine - but don't subject the shit to me when I'm at a football match.

A large number of people like Horse Racing.

You weren't forced to watch it, nobody was. You could've gone and got a pint, food, watched the countless other tv's in the concourse, had a chat. Why make out you were made to watch it.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

You weren't forced to watch it, nobody was. You could've gone and got a pint, food, watched the countless other tv's in the concourse, had a chat. Why make out you were made to watch it.

the countless other TV's that were showing horse racing
#justsaying

essbee

Jan 5, 2005

Well foolg, I had flown down from Aberdeen that morning with a rucksack (7am start), came straight
from Gatwick and had to put that
under my seat - so my mobility was less than optimal. Also I was waiting to see the first half
scores which flashed up for about f****** 5 seconds on the screen, because of that *******
horse race.

I went to a lot of personal grief to get flights on a saturday morning from Scotland
and do you know what? I don't know why I bothered. Noyone on the pitch
seemed to give a f**k.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

This. Not interested personally so it was background noise to me. Not a problem, and if it attracts a few more then great.

D

Deleted User X18H

Bizarrely I was actually at the Gold Cup, I never got to see any of the Albion match on the big screen there though. Was that pissed when I got back to my Glasgow hotel I slept through the FL show, didn't miss much though so I'm told

Ooh look at me I went to the Ayr Gold Cup, and flew up with Easy Jet and back with BA . Some poor sod had ,HAD to watch that race whether he liked it or not. He couldn't read his programme , talk to the person next to him , or close his eyes and contemplate his long journey,that he takes at a great deal of personal expense. But you in your ivory tower,just go on don't you . Well it's not good enough. And it's against the law , the law of England before you ask. Nothing to do with me!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well foolg, I had flown down from Aberdeen that morning with a rucksack (7am start), came straight
under my seat

F**k - don't ever put anything under your seat !

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
under my seat - so my mobility was less than optimal. Also I was waiting to see the first half
scores which flashed up for about f****** 5 seconds on the screen, because of that *******
horse race.

I went to a lot of personal grief to get flights on a saturday morning from Scotland
and do you know what? I don't know why I bothered. Noyone on the pitch
seemed to give a f**k.

You make it sound like you came all the way from Aberdeen to check the scores at half time on the big screen.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here