Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-210914-l229-1932686_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
19:03 21st September 2014
by James Hilsum
A little bit of character was shown today and the girls had to dig deep for a five-to-ten minute period after they scored."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women manager James Marrs says his side showed character to recover from a goal down to draw 1-1 with Cardiff City today.Naomi Clipston opened the scoring for the Bluebirds before Lucy Somes netted her fifth goal of the season to ensure the spoils were shared.
Marrs told seagulls.co.uk, “A little bit of character was shown today and the girls had to dig deep for a five-to-ten minute period after they scored. We managed to do that and let our self-esteem go up a bit, and I thought we could’ve gone on to nick it.
“I thought we shaded it. A little bit of a cutting edge was missing in the final third and that was the difference really. Cardiff worked really hard and every opportunity that they had we gave them.
“From that point of view it was pleasing that they never created anything and any chances they had were due to our mistakes.”
[h=2]LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK[/h]

Marrs was disappointed with the goal conceded for Clipston’s opener, in part down to an error from Deanna Cooper, but he accepts that these things can happen when the team plays out from defence.“I asked them to play out and she [Cooper] didn’t panic but ended up getting dispossessed; sometimes you’re going to concede from things like that and get a bit sloppy but that doesn’t change the way we play.
“It was a poor goal to concede, but she’s been absolutely outstanding and she started off the move for the second goal, so she made up for the error."
Marrs is also waiting for Kirsty Barton to be assessed after the midfielder was replaced in the 23rd minute, having picked up a thigh injury during the warm-up.
“It’s a little bit of a niggle, but I would’ve rather started her and see how she got on rather than leave her on the bench, bring her on and she gets injured. She could’ve continued playing, but I just didn’t think it was worth it.”
[h=2]UPCOMING HOME FIXTURES[/h][h=3]ALBION V CARDIFF
[/h]TUESday 30TH september, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V MIDDLESBROUGH
[/h]SATURDAY 18th OCTOBER, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v ROTHERHAM
[/h]saturDAY 25TH october, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here