Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will we ever reach the Premier League?

Dec 31, 2012
In the Gym
Or do you think we'll still be swimming around the championship/L1.

Maybe It's just me but I feel we won't under TB PB DB ohh and of course Sami. I know the prems all about money but these 3 seem to be focused in saving money. I know the big bad FFP Is looming but TB Is suppose to be a gambler. All I see is fold fold fold.

Everything just seems to be turning to schizer.

Thumbs down if you want but this thread I kinda felt I bottled up for a while :nono:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Definitely maybe

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Eventually *said like Manuel from Fawlty Towers*

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Or do you think we'll still be swimming around the championship/L1.

Maybe It's just me but I feel we won't under TB PB DB ohh and of course Sami. I know the prems all about money but these 3 seem to be focused in saving money. I know the big bad FFP Is looming but TB Is suppose to be a gambler. All I see is fold fold fold.

Everything just seems to be turning to schizer.

Thumbs down if you want but this thread I kinda felt I bottled up for a while :nono:

Can't really criticise making savings and refusing to overpay players unless you know someone else prepared to put in the 10m a year to keep the club running on its current loss.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
These things go in cycles. Sadly the top of our cycle was the second leg v Palace, a game which Poyet and the players on the pitch couldn't have given less of a shit about. Have to wait now til the wheel goes full circle again. Might take some time. But we will get there, under the first Amex manager to instil some Withdean-era fighting spirit in the squad. We've not seen that manager at the Amex yet. Seen precious few of the players with the required fighting spirit either. What's Danny Cullip doing nowadays?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not in the near future now, I don't think. The night of poo gate really was a turning point in my opinion. IF FFP works, in a few year's time our current policy of selling our best players and replacing them with cheaper ones might pay off.

Maybe.........

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Next season.

Everyone is writing it off far too soon. I think it's good to take the pressure off. Still think we will go up this season though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Eventually , but will have to wait until we are producing talent out of the Academy

Wouldn't hold your breathe on that one. We'll be selling any talent we do produce on the cheap to anyone who makes a reasonable offer. Best we can hope for on that score is a massive sell-on fee. Highly suspect the state-of-the-art training ground will prove to be the ultimate Bloom's Folly, unless he can persuade the council to build a private luxury housing estate on the site.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Whatever your crowd, stadium or facilities there is absolutely no guarantee you will get out of this league - which is why IMHO the club talking as much as they did about being 'Premier League Ready' was a bit of a mistake, but not a big one. They had to do it behind the scenes, maybe not talk about it so much. Leicester weren't talking about it in public when they were almost over the line last season, and they were getting asked about it every second question.

I think we will probably get a chance sometime in the next 15 years but when you look at all the teams doing their utmost to do the same, you'd be foolish just to assume it will happen.

And agree with THPP. The grim possibility remains that the best chance we will ever get for the foreseeable future was that semi-final second leg against Palace...when we totally blew it against (at that time) an inferior team.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
yes we will get scrape a draw at forest which will give the team confidence to go on a winning run that propels us up to the play offs, witch wheel wine :moo:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Whatever your crowd, stadium or facilities there is absolutely no guarantee you will get out of this league - which is why IMHO the club talking as much as they did about being 'Premier League Ready' was a bit of a mistake, but not a big one. They had to do it behind the scenes, maybe not talk about it so much. Leicester weren't talking about it in public when they were almost over the line last season, and they were getting asked about it every second question.

One article on a Paul Barber sound bite in the Argus about this time last year wasn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here