Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

£8 Million was a snip...

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
Judging by Ulloa's start to life in the Premier League, especially if he keeps them up as well.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We weren't going to get any higher. Only proven in the Championship. Considering he wanted to leave it was a good deal for both clubs.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I hope we have a big sell on %.

Still not adequatey replaced.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What a header. He's class, now he's surrounded by higher quality he will shine even more.

He's proved me wrong; I thought that the step up would expose his weaknesses. It seems that playing with better players has brought out the best in his strengths.

I think the 8m plus 2m add ons is still good business though.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Was going to say. Never mind how many points did he win for Albion last season. How many has he already won for Leicester and will win for them. All the pundits who watch football much more than I do had been going on about the attributes of their other strikers. One had even questioned whether Ulloa would have the pace for the top flight!!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Being an insanely bitter and twisted *******, I love the fact that Stephen Ward hasn't even got off the bench for Burnley this season and I don't think Bridcutt has had more than 10 minutes on the pitch so far and hasn't got off the bench in the last two or three matches, whereas Leo, while I detest seeing him in a f/ing Leicester City shirt and won't ever watch him playing in one, not even the briefest of highlights, I can't help but wish him well.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Being an insanely bitter and twisted *******, I love the fact that Stephen Ward hasn't even got off the bench for Burnley this season and I don't think Bridcutt has had more than 10 minutes on the pitch so far and hasn't got off the bench in the last two or three matches, whereas Leo, while I detest seeing him in a f/ing Leicester City shirt and won't ever watch him playing in one, not even the briefest of highlights, I can't help but wish him well.

It's all about money these days. I doubt they care too much about being on the bench as long as the bigger salaries ,they no doubt get now ,keep being paid in week by week!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Whilst Leo has started well, it will be the second half of the season that is the most telling. I remember Mike Small hitting the ground running at West Ham in 1991, but fading after that.

Like others, I've always liked him. Seeing him do well gives me mixed emotions though, given our poor start this year and the tough matches to come.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
There was an Albion fan/bellend I met on a train last season, who told me he didn't rate Ulloa and that he wasn't a 20 goal a season striker!!!
I pointed out he was coming back from injury and was most certainly a class striker and was going to score lots. Doesn't surprise me he is doing the business at top level, he has good strength and is possibly the best header of a ball I've seen outside top flight.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here