Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

sort the catering out please. its farcical

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
Agency people serving who Dont know What they are doing and done
care.Massive queues in the Upper West making it impossible to get served . Get permanente staff and manage it yourselves . Bloke who served me yesterday did not know What a snickers bar looked like. Why Is nt it as good as the first year ? Why Dont you want to sell us stuff quickly and efficiently . Poor and unprofessional . Has anyone else any thoughts on how we might improve things ?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I expect it's worse because the club has screwed the supplier to the floor on price. Peanuts and monkeys apply.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
WSL was worse than usual yesterday......lass who served me was adding milk to teas and coffees rather than handing over the pots, meant the queue moved painfully slowly. Also didn't know what the guest pie was and there were nowhere near enough pre-poured pints to keep up with demand. Feels like it just needs a bit of organisation - a competent supervisor in each area would help.

LeTiss

May 20, 2010
Southwater, Horsham
Catering

I've listened to Mr Barbers explanation as to the reasons why the catering staff are so poor so understand the challenges involved. However just like om field its getting worse.

I now head for The Swan pre game. As for HT I left my seat at 42 min to grab a pie and the queues were horrendous, so had to settle for a bag of swets for lunch. Podst match it was so bas in WSU we thought laterally and headed for the away end no queues. Indeed more yellow jackets than orange shirts.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings
WSU was absolutely awful yesterday. Lot of annoyed punters who couldn't part with their cash. Barber needs to take a review of the serving in this area. I've given up trying to buy anything at half time. It's not only on the big green thing that were going backwards.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Probably luck of the draw but I thought it was a bit better in the WSU yesterday.

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
As a minor point, can the sweet stations and fast serving beer points be moved closer to the side walls, leaving more room for people to pass through the concourse. Yesterday the mobile stations were too close to the centre 'through way' and the queues just impede the 'through traffic'. Use the wings, rather like on the pitch....

This was in ESU FYI.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
I've listened to Mr Barbers explanation as to the reasons why the catering staff are so poor so understand the challenges involved. However just like om field its getting worse.

I now head for The Swan pre game. As for HT I left my seat at 42 min to grab a pie and the queues were horrendous, so had to settle for a bag of swets for lunch. Podst match it was so bas in WSU we thought laterally and headed for the away end no queues. Indeed more yellow jackets than orange shirts.

The magic minute is 41. Never fail to be served pie and pints with no queue and then take a piss. 41.

rexwedge

Aug 22, 2005
worthing
Stay on after the game and watch premiership slop is the club mantra. Have a drink and x amount of discount on your e cash if you wait after the game.
Bars closed early on WSU yesterday. Staff were the usual clueless students who although not their fault didn't know how to pour a pint.
Surely we could have a beer only aisle and those undecided tea and coffee drinkers separate to the majority.
The mass of yellow jackets just want you to piss off anyway and gradually move you to the exits anyways.
We would go early if we could get on a train . Getting a bit worse than previous seasons. Takings must be down.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
WSU here and didn't think it was bad, sounds like a lot of over expectations from fans and that is always going to end in disappointment

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
More expensive prices but very poor service, not good you would think. The club should be busting a gut to get this right seeing as it is a vital revenue stream

wsu here and didn't think it was bad, sounds like a lot of over expectations from fans and that is always going to end in disappointment

Its bloody painful trying to buy a drink in the 1901,after pouring the drink and turning around the bar student had not a clue who he was handing the pint to,gold fish we do not need working at the amex.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
silly me for being under the impression that I go to the Amex to watch piss poor football, not to pay ridiculous money for beer, burgers, chocolate bars etc.....

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Recruitment processes are obviously failing at the moment. Staff should be trained to pour a pint. After a bit of practice, I'm sure it's not hard. There should also be more express lanes for specific products (like cold drinks, hot drinks, alcohol, etc).

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
We needed a catering company with professional staff who work in that industry,no need for the peanut/monkey scenario. Seems food in the 1901 is selling in smaller quantities than ever,its a loose loose situation at the mo.:facepalm:

You expect them to employ professional (restaurant quality) staff to serve in the kiosks for approximately 23 games a year and will only be needed for an hour and a half before the match, 15 minutes at half time and then a couple of hours after the match?

Who would bother with that as it wouldn't be worth their while financially and they would be better off working elsewhere in a more permanent setting (like a restaurant) hence why most working the concourses, etc are from the uni and earning a few extra quid. They arn't looking for a career serving people in stadiums (even if that were possible) and they get a high turn over of staff as people leave uni and new students take their place on degree courses so even if you were to invest heavily in training, then the likelyhood would be that within a season, they would have left anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here