Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A New Addition To The Fold

el punal

Yesterday I took my six year old grandson, Harry, to his first Albion match. Decked out in his full Brighton kit he and I sat in the family section of the East stand, whilst his parents sat in my domain of the West Upper among the grown up children.

So, a few little pointers for those of you about to take your "little uns" to their first game:

1. Bring lots of money to spend in the club shop, items purchased Albion banner (1), Albion football (1), match day programme (2), fortunately paid for by his Mum!

2. Make sure that you get aisle seats in the East stand family section to enable quick access to take said "little un" to toilet, to buy sweets, to buy fizzy drink, to go to toilet again. All this within the first 20 minutes of the game.

3. Your following of events on the pitch will be interrupted by questions of "is that a penalty?" - when it's a goal kick, or "have we scored?" - when it's a corner (if only!).

4. Be prepared for out of tune singing, cheering and jumping up and down at totally the wrong moments.

5. And, after yesterday's performance, do your very best in deleting expletives - it's so very hard I know.

So, what conclusions did I draw from Harry's first game? Well, he absolutely loved it. From seeing the stadium for the first time - " Wow! It's huge." The wonderful and warm welcome he received from the club staff and stewards. His anticipation and excitement at watching his new and favourite team.
And, finally, after yesterday's not very good performance on the pitch . . . . "Can I come to the next game?"

Of course you can, Harry, of course you can! :ascarf:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Great post. :thumbsup:

You (and Harry!) are the future of this club.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Great post. I'm looking forward to taking Jnr along to his first game in a few years time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here