Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The North East Corner have RUINED the Amex

Masky

Jan 15, 2011
I am hazarding a guess u mean the North West corner.. I also believe those moving there and singing where no one can hear them has spoilt the singing in the north.. But there again u sometimes need something on the pitch to make it happen... Brentford away atmosphere was spot on ...

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I am hazarding a guess u mean the North West corner.. I also believe those moving there and singing where no one can hear them has spoilt the singing in the north.. But there again u sometimes need something on the pitch to make it happen... Brentford away atmosphere was spot on ...
I am impressed it took so long for someone to spot my geography fail!

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
It is hardly the NW fault that no one else sings.

Having sat in most of the stadium, I Sat in the NW yesterday and now will continue to do so as it seems to be where the small atmosphere is.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
This is a quality thread, that means absolutely sod all!!!

I am proud to sit in the NE Corner, we have our moments but we certainly don't ruin anything haha - probably the smallest stand area to pick on too hahaha as we have the emergency tunnel bit. I blame the Albion fans in the South Stand (not SWC) but the south stand, all 3 of the fans there couldn't hear what was being sung and when they did sing back - it was way too high pitched and out of tone. How dare they!!!

What a stupid thread!

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I sit in N1H
Classed as north but right next to NE
they are great. I love it there.
Just would like everyone to be a bit louder, in my area

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The North East Corner have RUINED the Amex

Now pay attention. We cannot have this apalling grammar on NSC.

1. The North East Corner is a singular noun and therefore requires you to use has rather than have. Ergo, The North East Corner has ruined the Amex.
2. If you wish to use have in this sentence then your subject has to be plural. For example "The North East Corner fans have ruined ..."
3. And another point, the North East corner has not ruined the Amex. It is still standing. It may, in your opinion, have ruined the atmosphere of the Amex.
4. And that is just the title to your thread. Then we have "West Stand don't sing" and "North don't sing". The same rule applies. The stands are singular nouns and therefore require the use of "doesn't". If you want to use "don't", then the subject must be plural which can be done by adding the word "fans" as in "West Stand fans".

Please confirm your understanding of the above.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
You mean the NW corner.

And yes, it has nosedived since the main singers moved to the "police box" from the centre of the North - that is where the singers need to be as it will then spread across the stand.

What we currently have is both the NE side and NW side starting 2 different songs, or even the same one at different times so by the time it gets to the middle of the North stand, there is 2 different songs so no one bothers to join in. Also a mention for the SWC, who almost look as if they sit there doing nothing the whole game, as it looks like that from the North.

Improvement is badly needed, hopefully along with goals actually being bloody scored it will come.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here