Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

To those who think this isn't relegation form

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
After three more games we will have played virtually a quarter of the season. The next three matches are Forest and Watford away, and Cardiff at home. On current form, that's two points at best-I.e. Ten points after eleven games. Forty points over the season is relegation form. And no, I don't wet my bed- well not very often, at least!!!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A point a game - 46 for the season - IS relegation form! However, that is a lot different from saying we're relegation fodder - I think we're better than that. Would just like to see a little bit of proof that my faith is justified soon!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
After three more games we will have played virtually a quarter of the season. The next three matches are Forest and Watford away, and Cardiff at home. On current form, that's two points at best-I.e. Ten points after eleven games. Forty points over the season is relegation form. And no, I don't wet my bed- well not very often, at least!!!

Absolute ********. We were superior to Blackpool in every respect, except for the fact none of our chances went in. 25 shots! Extremely unlucky, just one of those games. We have a decent side, just lacking that cutting edge. Mid-table at least. Really looking forward to the end of the season, when we can bump these ridiculous threads back to the top of the forum.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I can see what you are saying and of course you are correct.

But surely we have the quality to put points on the board and get into the top 10. Far too early to call us relegation candidates at this stage.

Jan 30, 2008
:blush:
Absolute ********. We were superior to Blackpool in every respect, except for the fact none of our chances went in. 25 shots! Extremely unlucky, just one of those games. We have a decent side, just lacking that cutting edge. Mid-table at least. Really looking forward to the end of the season, when we can bump these ridiculous threads back to the top of the forum.
Ok
regards
DR

Last edited:

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
:blush:
Ok
regards
DR

As usual, everyone panics even though it is obvious we have a good side. Relegation? Really? Half the people on here are either pathetic bed wetters or comedians. Prove me wrong come May if you like, but somehow I thing certain people on here are going to be very quiet.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
You're old enough to know the Albion rules by now shirley. Shite results against teams at the bottom, sparkling number of points against fancied teams. Same old Brighton...

This! When i saw the post, this immediately sprang to mind!

D

Deleted member 22389

We will draw or beat forest, lose to Watford and beat cardiff.

Geriatric Seagull

Nov 10, 2009
Littlehampton
As usual, everyone panics even though it is obvious we have a good side. Relegation? Really? Half the people on here are either pathetic bed wetters or comedians. Prove me wrong come May if you like, but somehow I thing certain people on here are going to be very quiet.

"It's obvious we have a good side"! 25 shots and none went in. How many more times are we going to be told it's "just one of those games". No, I won't be quiet if I'm proved wrong- I'll be celebrating along with everyone else- and I'll even apologise to those who are clearly wiser and more knowledgeable than me. After nearly sixty years of watching the Albion I've seen many good and bad seasons, players and managers. Sadly, and I know it's early days, I can see us heading for another George Curtis era with the current management- lots of plans and tactics but when it comes to putting them into practice, no chance!
There, I've said what I think, now I must change my sheets!!!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

This post could easily be a copy and paste from numerous football message board forums in the past where they thought they were too good to go down.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
As somebody said today at the game they could see why Blackpool are at the foot of the table what they couldnt understand is why we are not next to them.

That somebody obviously knows nothing about football.. Our finishing was poor but to compare us to Blackpool on today's performance is laughable..

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
This post could easily be a copy and paste from numerous football message board forums in the past where they thought they were too good to go down.

It is obvious we are, though. So far this season we've had twice as many shots as our opponents. No side that does that is going to get relegated. We are creating loads of chances, just not putting them away.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
"It's obvious we have a good side"! 25 shots and none went in. How many more times are we going to be told it's "just one of those games". No, I won't be quiet if I'm proved wrong- I'll be celebrating along with everyone else- and I'll even apologise to those who are clearly wiser and more knowledgeable than me. After nearly sixty years of watching the Albion I've seen many good and bad seasons, players and managers. Sadly, and I know it's early days, I can see us heading for another George Curtis era with the current management- lots of plans and tactics but when it comes to putting them into practice, no chance!
There, I've said what I think, now I must change my sheets!!!!

See my post above. I think the sides who have to worry are those that aren't creating chances. All we lack is a cutting edge - but we've only had the new signings for a few matches. I think Tex, Baldock and Calunga will all prove good acquisitions. We'll be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here