Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I must ASK this question Hyppia in or OUT ?

Hyppia in or OUT

• IN

Votes: 140 62.2%
  • OUT

Votes: 85 37.8%

• Total voters

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You know things must be dire when Ernest starts a manager in/out poll thread in SEPTEMBER

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I very worried.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
When Hyppia was a player he was a LEADER and a WINNER.

He is the complete antithesis of this as a manager so far but moreover, seems absolutely oblivious to obvious things.

I am prepared to give him time and support him, but there is serious cause for concern at this stage.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
In still at the moment but subject to change unless he gets his act together. Why did he change Tuesdays starting XI and bring in Crofts and Colunga both of whom were awful. Does he know his players and his best team, I dont think he does.

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
I did feel this morning when watching fantasy football on Sky that we may have missed a trick with Paul Clement, seemed to talk so much sense BUT now we have Sami we must give him at least 6 months to bed in new players and tactics. I am however worried he seems to have no plan B alas Gus.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He lost the plot in Germany when his assistant left him. Here he has inherited Jones. 8 points in 8 games and we haven't played any of the top teams yet. The signs are not good, this season could be over by the end of October, in terms of looking upwards. Bloom is not a twitchy chairman but he must be starting to ask himself very serious questions already.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I did feel this morning when watching fantasy football on Sky that we may have missed a trick with Paul Clement, seemed to talk so much sense BUT now we have Sami we must give him at least 6 months to bed in new players and tactics. I am however worried he seems to have no plan B alas Gus.
We're creating chances galore...Don't think a plan B is the issue.Getting players to put the ball in the goal is the issue.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
It would be foolish to sack him now. Give him another 8 games or so but in this time we need to see better than this. It was interesting that after the Leeds game he stated that he didn't know why we were so much better than the previous game. At the time I pretty much ignored the remark as I was happy with the result and performance. However, it is a bit concerning that he doesn't know why his team has played well....seems to suggest poor tactical awareness. This coming week is a big one for Sami. If we lose against Burton and get well beaten by Forest then he is going to be looking down the barrel.
It's going to show whether he can get to grasp with the job and get good performances out of the players and results. If i was a betting man my money would be on him not doing it but I really hope I'm wrong.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
To be fair to Hypia he has been given a bum steer, not been given the tools for the job.

However in the position we are in an inexperienced management team is not what we need.

The questions should be posed to those that gave him the job and this squad.

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
I think we can see how important Sammy Lee would have been and what a shame Southamoton took him. Hyppia should have fought harder to get someone more experienced than Jones as his no 2.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
If you sack him now you will never be 100% sure that he could not have turned it round, it would lose the club money and goodwill and there is a risk the replacement could be just as bad, worse or another fly by night. The chances of promotion are very low and as things stand they should be safe from relegation. The sensible thing to do would be to give him another say 5 games.
As long as the Board don't do that trick of giving him more games then just when it looks like he's turned thing round …………. sack him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We're creating chances galore...Don't think a plan B is the issue.Getting players to put the ball in the goal is the issue.

This is what perplexes me about the criticism of tactics. Tactics are responsible for creating the chances; it's up to the players to convert them.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
This is what perplexes me about the criticism of tactics. Tactics are responsible for creating the chances; it's up to the players to convert them.

Only if the chances are created to allow shots in the right areas. We could have 20 shots from the half way line but don't mean the tactics work

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here