Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
....that having two players for each position is effing useless if:

a) they play exactly the same
b) they are bang average and
c) they are constantly rotated.

We have bought quantity over quality and we don't know our best side.

Discuss.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The system ain't working and constantly rotating your players won't help.
Sad to see Calde slumped in the stands as well.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
My frustration was we were playing to the strengths of a big guy up front - but with no big guy up front. Ulloa potentially would have filled his boots today. High ball over the top and crosses into the box for our 2 vertically challenged forwards today didn't make sense.

We will come good, im sure of it. The issue today was we were slow, the players static and we are too small atm.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The manager will get us out of this league.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
time for manager to swallow his pride and change the system
players in front of the full backs out wide please

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
time for manager to swallow his pride and change the system
players in front of the full backs out wide please

Boom

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Absolutely spot on.
We should have bought perhaps two fewer players, and really gone for a replacement for Ulloa. If only we knew about Vetokele, for instance. Or perhaps even that guy -- Vessen? -- that went to Middlesborough.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
My frustration was we were playing to the strengths of a big guy up front - but with no big guy up front. Ulloa potentially would have filled his boots today. High ball over the top and crosses into the box for our 2 vertically challenged forwards today didn't make sense.

there's a player on loan at Reading called Murray who lives round the corner, is available in jan, who would've filled his boots today

scooter1

How soon is now?
there's a player on loan at Reading called Murray who lives round the corner, is available in jan, who would've filled his boots today
I've been dead against this whole Murray coming back thing, but on today's showing you're right. However, I don't think we could afford him, or would pay him what pretty much every other team in this league will..

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Too many similar standard players and as others have said Sammi doesn't know his best 11 and keeps rotating the side - so much for continuity.

Should have brought in fewer and of higher quality. I know it's early but very underwhelmed by Baldock and Colunga. I'd have Barnes back for both of them.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
For me CMS and Baldock and very similar players but Baldock has a better first touch and is a bit cuter with his movement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here