Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just Got Back

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Not an awful display but disappointed not to get 3 points against a dire Blackpool side.
LuaLua looked good for his 20 minute cameo.
Baldock pretty good but fairly isolated.

STOCKDALE earned us a point keeping us in it towards the end with a great 1 on 1 save.

Really need to start scoring as we didn't pose much (any) threat against the opposition keeper.

We either need a big centre forward or stick Dunk up there (I jest) as that's the only way it looks like we'll score at the moment.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i'm being serious (and I may have a different view from where I sit) but which bit of Baldock was "pretty good" today?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not an awful display but disappointed not to get 3 points against a dire Blackpool side.

STOCKDALE earned us a point keeping us in it towards the end with a great 1 on 1 save.

Really need to start scoring as we didn't pose much (any) threat against the opposition keeper.

We either need a big centre forward or stick Dunk up there (I jest) as that's the only way it looks like we'll score at the moment.

Beg to differ, but both us and Blackpool were dire for a large chunk of that game.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Watching the stream I also thought Baldock looked alright. No way near as bad as people on here are making him out to be.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
Not a thread about the fact you are 'back' then...just a thread cause you didn't fancy posting along with everyone else in the official thread?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Baldock was utterly dire today. Replace him with a better striker and we may get somewhere this season.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
The guy next to me asked, in all seriousness, whether Baldock had played today (when he was called out as MOM)! Not sure who mine was, probably Bruno (despite his slip towards the end)

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Blackpool were the worst team I have seen in a very long time and today we matched them for large chunks of then game, I am all for giving Hypia time but we look far to narrow

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I thought LuaLua looked brilliant. Most importantly, his decision-making was pretty much faultless. And that's not something that I often say about him.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Does anybody remember when Bristol City got promoted to The Championship, impressed everyone and went close in the play offs, then slowly went on the decline and eventually slipped out of the division without a whimper, yeah THAT.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
i'm being serious (and I may have a different view from where I sit) but which bit of Baldock was "pretty good" today?

The guy next to me asked, in all seriousness, whether Baldock had played today (when he was called out as MOM)! Not sure who mine was, probably Bruno (despite his slip towards the end)

Blackpool were the worst team I have seen in a very long time and today we matched them for large chunks of then game, I am all for giving Hypia time but we look far to narrow

I thought LuaLua looked brilliant. Most importantly, his decision-making was pretty much faultless. And that's not something that I often say about him.

I thought Baldock looked ok. Obviously no Murray or Ulloa but I think he'll do well for us once he gets going.
LuaLua looked great, shame we can't have him playing at that temp for 60-90 minutes.
Good shout for Bruno, he had a good game, as well as Dunk.
Blackpool were awful, we weren't as bad but just could put it in the net.

I genuinely think we've got a class set of players and I'm bewildered as to why we're unable to destroy teams like this.

Oh well, onwards and upwards.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Wtf did Bruno do to get your vote. Mr Liability nearly achieved his want again.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I thought Baldock looked ok.

A million pound player???????

A Striker?????

Bearing down on goal, the whites of keeper's eyes in full view, no more than 8 yards out, the whole of the goal to aim at and he.......................................

passes the ball. Oh deary deary me. Painful

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
A million pound player???????

A Striker?????

Bearing down on goal, the whites of keeper's eyes in full view, no more than 8 yards out, the whole of the goal to aim at and he.......................................

passes the ball. Oh deary deary me. Painful

I agree, he should have easily tucked at away.
However, I'd say every single Albion player on the pitch (except KLL) who had the chance to shoot, bottled it and passed to someone else.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I agree, he should have easily tucked at away.
However, I'd say every single Albion player on the pitch (except KLL) who had the chance to shoot, bottled it and passed to someone else.

But not every one else purports to be a forward/striker who has cost his team a small fortune.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
Let's face it, it was a poor performance throughout the team!.

JOAO TEIXEIRA was so off his game, I couldn't believe it was him!..
And as for COLUNGA's first shot on goal of the game, I've seen 10 year old girls kick footballs harder then that!..

I didn't see a team in transition, i just saw a bunch of blokes forgetting how to do the basics!.
Fully deserved the booing off at FT!.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Let's face it, it was a poor performance throughout the team!.

JOAO TEIXEIRA was so off his game, I couldn't believe it was him!..
And as for COLUNGA's first shot on goal of the game, I've seen 10 year old girls kick footballs harder then that!..

I didn't see a team in transition, i just saw a bunch of blokes forgetting how to do the basics!.
Fully deserved the booing off at FT!.

I thought TEIXEIRA played ok, maybe it was the beer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here