Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embarrassing- League 2 standard

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'm not one to start negative threads normally, but if we hadn't been in a shiny new stadium I would have thought that was a league 2 game. Both teams hoofing the ball aimlessly and completely devoid of any final ball, added to the fact none of our players seemed to know what position they are playing in and drifted about randomly. The only attacking players who looked threatening were LuaLua and McCourt off the bench, how Baldock got man of the match I don't know. Very worrying, I think we could be in for a season of real struggle if this continues.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
I'm not one to start negative threads normally, but if we hadn't been in a shiny new stadium I would have thought that was a league 2 game. Both teams hoofing the ball aimlessly and completely devoid of any final ball, added to the fact none of our players seemed to know what position they are playing in and drifted about randomly. The only attacking players who looked threatening were LuaLua and McCourt off the bench, how Baldock got man of the match I don't know. Very worrying, I think we could be in for a season of real struggle if this continues.

Bit dramatic. Agreed it wasn't a great display but for heavens sake. Get. A. Grip.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bit dramatic. Agreed it wasn't a great display but for heavens sake. Get. A. Grip.

Sorry mate, should I be happy that our strike force who we spent millions on can't beat a team in the bottom 3 with ten men for the last 10/15 minutes? I recognize it may take time for the team to get used to the style of play but it was an awful performance.

Not a good performance, that's true, but the League 2 metaphors are a bit distracting. The lack of creativity from midfield 3 was the sombre thing for me, and it's a shame our two best players Tex and Colunga had off days at same time. Not convinced by Baldock but CMS isn't putting enough pressure. LuaLua no time to make a proper impact, sorry he should start and if he doesn't fit in the system Sami needs to adapt that system.

It's not going to happen for us this season, that looks increasingly the percentage bet. But i don't see us playing any worse than this so an up and down season in midtable is about the size of it.

gully1984

May 3, 2014
Sorry mate, should I be happy that our strike force who we spent millions on can't beat a team in the bottom 3 with ten men for the last 10/15 minutes? I recognize it may take time for the team to get used to the style of play but it was an awful performance.

Let's be real! They are bottom three after a handful of games, surely you cannot cast aspersions that quickly. If we were mid season, you'd win this debate. We miss ulloa, yes, we need a team who know each other. It will come together. Please, not just yet, piss the bed!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Guess we will see if we are better than league 2 standard in midweek.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Oh yes he should

Why? He is usually awful when he starts. Over the last three seasons I could probably count on one hand how many good games he has when we has started. Whether he, or some fans, like it or not he is much better as an impact sub.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Oh yes he should and on the wing as well not this inside forward position.

I disagree - time and time again he's shown that he just doesn't have the same level of effectiveness when he's played from the start.

Why? He is usually awful when he starts. Over the last three seasons I could probably count on one hand how many good games he has when we has started. Whether he, or some fans, like it or not he is much better as an impact sub.

Because of course he's had so many opportunities :rolleyes:

He's basically the only person not allowed to have a bad game - Tex and Colunga were sub par today but no one will argue they are only impact players

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I disagree that it was League 2 standard , League 1 would be more apt.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The only time we got any impetus at all was when KLL came on. I agree that we should use him as an impact player for the last half hour of games as he can't keep that level of performance up for a whole game. That said, we showed pretty little today and could easily have been beaten by an odd goal from a relatively poor side. Give them credit though, Blackpool have had some problems but to only let one goal in during the past 3 games is to their credit.

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I haven't got the stats, but I'm pretty sure not one of our midfield 3 made it into Blackpool's penalty area. There lies our problem. Never looked liked scoring.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I disagree - time and time again he's shown that he just doesn't have the same level of effectiveness when he's played from the start.

Not really been given a run of constant starts though has he, plays bad ish and that's it don't start for again for weeks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here