Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

E cash top up problems

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This will help generate pre-match beverage sales.............

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Tried twice with Amex and declined twice then went with my debit card and approved!!!! So just hoping I don't have two debits on my Amex card as only credit once on Top up.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Tried twice with Amex and declined twice then went with my debit card and approved!!!! So just hoping I don't have two debits on my Amex card as only credit once on Top up.

Exactly the same for me, but I've now had three emails confirming the top-ups, including the two failed amex ones, but only the debit card one has gone on the the e-cash account - be interesting to see if I get charged for all three.
Bizarre that the one card that doesn't work is the one from the company that sponsors the team

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This may, or may not apply to you, but in my pre match email, there was this article..

If you received a new season ticket smartcard from us during the close season, and would like to use the auto top-up feature, you will need to reset your auto top-up to allow it to work for the new season.

Click here to set up your auto top-up now.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Mine wouldn't top up online,but worked ok when I topped up in the club shop :shrug:

warlingham seagull

Jul 28, 2004
Warlingham
Exactly the same for me, but I've now had three emails confirming the top-ups, including the two failed amex ones, but only the debit card one has gone on the the e-cash account - be interesting to see if I get charged for all three.
Bizarre that the one card that doesn't work is the one from the company that sponsors the team

Exactly the same for me. I have emailed the club. This also happened with my prebooked playoff tickets last season.

Grapes of Wrath

Nov 1, 2009
Worthing
Mine wouldn't top up online,but worked ok when I topped up in the club shop :shrug:

I had exactly the opposite a couple of weeks back, I topped up in the club shop, but they were having problems with the new tills & they said it hadn't gone through. Somewhat surprised to then see £20 debited from my bank account, but nothing on my season ticket.
I rang the club last week, they said they would investigate & email me. Sadly they have yet to do so, therefore I will be on the phone again this week.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Warning, I just checked my Credit Card statement and I have been charged for the failed attempts to top up. Phoned supporter services, they are aware of problems on Saturday, and seem keen to get it sorted out, just waiting for a call back from the firm that runs the ECash system, wonder how long it will take.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Warning, I just checked my Credit Card statement and I have been charged for the failed attempts to top up. Phoned supporter services, they are aware of problems on Saturday, and seem keen to get it sorted out, just waiting for a call back from the firm that runs the ECash system, wonder how long it will take.

My Auto-topup failed to work on Saturday so ended up using some cash.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
Just checked my Amex account and have been deducted twice for the two failed attempts. Oh deep joy. Right not need to contact the club to resolve.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Just had a call from the club apologising for the error, which they have rectified, by crediting the money back to my CC.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Put £30 on each of my two 1901 Ecards a week before the season started at the club shop...the money was taken out of my account two days later...still no money on either card and to make it worse,I get access denied when trying to go to games and have to go to reception to get entry,they say the cards should be alright now,then it happens again...looks like they don't want my money after all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here