Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home Music Recording

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am looking into setting some thing up from scratch to record music onto. I have had a play with Garage Band on a mac and found it very easy to use.

I am thinking i will get my self a mac and use garage band, get an interface with a few inputs, get a condenser mic and a couple of decent studio speakers (some musical talent wouldn't go a miss too :) )

Anyone else into this sort of caper? Any advice? anything to look for or avoid?

Cheers

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yup, Garageband is fine as an entry-level package. You might want to upgrade to Logic Pro or Protools after a while.

yes I have just been reading a bit about them. I am sort of thinking I will get the hardware I need for now and upgrade at a later date (or now if I can bring it all in under budget)

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
yes I have just been reading a bit about them. I am sort of thinking I will get the hardware I need for now and upgrade at a later date (or now if I can bring it all in under budget)
Sensible way to start.
& by the way, don't get pulled into any fashion-led 'my software's best' wars when you come to upgrade. Quality wise, logic, cubase, pro tools & the competition are all at about the same level these days. What's best for you'll be more about way you work & type of music you make. Have fun

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry for the bounce.

Any advice on what Mac laptop i should be getting? What is more important Processor speed, memory or size of harddrive? Should I go Low level macbook pro of higher grade air?

Thanks in advance

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here