Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Home Music Recording

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am looking into setting some thing up from scratch to record music onto. I have had a play with Garage Band on a mac and found it very easy to use.

I am thinking i will get my self a mac and use garage band, get an interface with a few inputs, get a condenser mic and a couple of decent studio speakers (some musical talent wouldn't go a miss too :) )

Anyone else into this sort of caper? Any advice? anything to look for or avoid?

Cheers

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yup, Garageband is fine as an entry-level package. You might want to upgrade to Logic Pro or Protools after a while.

yes I have just been reading a bit about them. I am sort of thinking I will get the hardware I need for now and upgrade at a later date (or now if I can bring it all in under budget)

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
yes I have just been reading a bit about them. I am sort of thinking I will get the hardware I need for now and upgrade at a later date (or now if I can bring it all in under budget)
Sensible way to start.
& by the way, don't get pulled into any fashion-led 'my software's best' wars when you come to upgrade. Quality wise, logic, cubase, pro tools & the competition are all at about the same level these days. What's best for you'll be more about way you work & type of music you make. Have fun

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Sorry for the bounce.

Any advice on what Mac laptop i should be getting? What is more important Processor speed, memory or size of harddrive? Should I go Low level macbook pro of higher grade air?

Thanks in advance

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here