Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

East stand tomorrow, you watch.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
There was a bit of research done a few years ago which showed that just 24 per cent of 18 to 25 year olds knew who John Major was.

As he was prime minister at the time this suggests that most young voters have no interest in politics.

On the other hand, democracy needs all the friends it can get (only 75 per cent of the Glasgow electorate could be arsed to turn out for the most crucial political event in their country ever? Jeez.) If 16-18 year olds are prepared to turn out on a cold Thursday evening to vote who is going to deny them?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
There was a bit of research done a few years ago which showed that just 24 per cent of 18 to 25 year olds knew who John Major was.

As he was prime minister at the time this suggests that most young voters have no interest in politics.

On the other hand, democracy needs all the friends it can get (only 75 per cent of the Glasgow electorate could be arsed to turn out for the most crucial political event in their country ever? Jeez.) If 16-18 year olds are prepared to turn out on a cold Thursday evening to vote who is going to deny them?

Maybe there is an uprising and the East will deny them? Not sure how this will work though :moo:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
There is very little movement in the Upper East as many of us died ages ago, there is the odd clutching movement when someone walks by with a pint.

When we say goodbye to each other in May it is most meaningful, because many are unlikely to live long enough to return.

Alf who sits next to me was missing for the Charlton Athletic game. I was a little worried, but found that he was still in the half-time pie queue from the match the previous weekend.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Talksport were talking to a Blackpool fan this morning who is on their supporters coach coming down for the match.
He confirmed there were 22 fans on the 49 seat coach.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There is very little movement in the Upper East as many of us died ages ago, there is the odd clutching movement when someone walks by with a pint.

When we say goodbye to each other in May it is most meaningful, because many are unlikely to live long enough to return.

Alf who sits next to me was missing for the Charlton Athletic game. I was a little worried, but found that he was still in the half-time pie queue from the match the previous weekend.
Lol

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here