Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Six pointer tomorrow

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Is it too early to call tomorrow a six pointer.

After 7 games we are yet to play a team that are likely to finish in the top ten & we have lost 4 of those games already.After tomorrow our next 3 games are forest (a) Cardiff (h) & Watford (a)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Six pointer :rant: I hate that, it's 3 points if we win.

I have never understood six pointer, why is it called that?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Is it too early to call tomorrow a six pointer.

After 7 games we are yet to play a team that are likely to finish in the top ten & we have lost 4 of those games already.After tomorrow our next 3 games are forest (a) Cardiff (h) & Watford (a)

By the looks of things, Charlton will be up there.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
By the looks of things, Charlton will be up there.

Here are 12 teams who I believe will finish above charlton

Forest
Norwich
Wigan
Derby
Reading
Fulham
Cardiff
Blackburn
Wolves
Middlesboro
Bournemouth
Ipswich
Brighton

That is 13

I saw nothing in charlton at the Amex to make me think they could do well this season.

Of course this is the championship & anybody can beat anybody on their day but I don't think charlton have enough depth in their squad to finish above mid table.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Here are 12 teams who I believe will finish above charlton

Forest
Norwich
Wigan
Derby
Reading
Fulham
Cardiff
Blackburn
Wolves
Middlesboro
Bournemouth
Ipswich
Brighton

That is 13

I saw nothing in charlton at the Amex to make me think they could do well this season.

Of course this is the championship & anybody can beat anybody on their day but I don't think charlton have enough depth in their squad to finish above mid table.

You didn't think their striker looked good? Also, on that basis, what makes you think they will finish below Charlton.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
You didn't think their striker looked good? Also, on that basis, what makes you think they will finish below Charlton.

Their striker looked ok but from my point of view stockdale should have saved the first goal & the second goal although a nice finish should have been avoided.

We dominated that game from start to finish & were grateful to take a point.
If charlton had held on & won maybe I would have a different view but like us they will face stiffer opposition this season & need to find a way to win when your backs are against the wall & I don't think they can as cant we it has to be said.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Not a six pointer but confidence will be a tad dented if we don't win a home game

That's how I see it too. Even a draw would feel a bit disappointing. I'd love to see us batter Blackpool like we did a couple of seasons ago but I suspect it will be more like a 2-1, which would be acceptable, given our recent results. I don't think they will be the pushover that some expect and will certainly park the bus. I note a match report last week also said that Blackpool actually carried a reasonable threat.

Yes we need to create more chances but I also think we need a touch more luck in front of goal. At Brentford we hit the post early on and then had a goal disallowed. At Ipswich we had two efforts that were goal bound but hit their keeper when he was already beaten. Sooner or later we will make those chances count.

Dec 29, 2011
I have never understood six pointer, why is it called that?

Here's an example:

Brighton on 84 points, Blackpool on 81 points. If Brighton win they'll be on 87 points and Blackpool on 81 points. If Blackpool win each team will be on 84 points. In the first instance the difference is 6 points, in the second the difference is 0. It's called a six pointer because teams close to each other can have the opportunity to put six points between them and their opponent, or be on equal points, depending on the result.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Don't worry everyone, we're gonna win 4-1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here