Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Corruption and greed from Platini ........... ** feigns surprise **

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just as well Greg Dyke and the Northern Ireland delegate didn't accept one either.......

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is not a new idea. I knew a chap who was lino at Real Madrid European Cup Tie in the early 60s on arrival at his hotel he found a watch on his bedside cabinet and about 9.00pm a girl knocked on his hotel room door saying she had been sent by RM to make sure he had an enjoyable time in Madrid.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
It is not a new idea. I knew a chap who was lino at Real Madrid European Cup Tie in the early 60s on arrival at his hotel he found a watch on his bedside cabinet and about 9.00pm a girl knocked on his hotel room door saying she had been sent by RM to make sure he had an enjoyable time in Madrid.

So she showed him round the sites, what is wrong with that ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

Indeed, corruption isn't a new idea.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can we say **** on NSC?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Just as well Greg Dyke and the Northern Ireland delegate didn't accept one either.......

I'm inclined to believe their stories. If someone gave me an expensive watch I would just as likely think it came from Ratners.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Didn't they accept them, but are now returning them, and the criticism of platini in this thread is that he won't return his rather than that he accepted it in the first place.

Personally, I'm not all that bothered about it. I'm barely concerned that countries vying to host the world cup offer "sweeteners", but this was a gift after the fact. Yeah, the money in football is ridiculous, but it's no worse to me than the gift packs that are handed out at oscars (expensive items for people who can well afford them) or the wages paid to the likes of Wayne Rooney (ridiculous money in football).

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Didn't they accept them, but are now returning them, and the criticism of platini in this thread is that he won't return his rather than that he accepted it in the first place.

Personally, I'm not all that bothered about it. I'm barely concerned that countries vying to host the world cup offer "sweeteners", but this was a gift after the fact. Yeah, the money in football is ridiculous, but it's no worse to me than the gift packs that are handed out at oscars (expensive items for people who can well afford them) or the wages paid to the likes of Wayne Rooney (ridiculous money in football).

If I were a president of a football authority, I would suggest that I have a decent timepiece and I would rather the £16k was spent on community projects in the shanti towns/slums of Brasil or wherever.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
If I were a president of a football authority, I would suggest that I have a decent timepiece and I would rather the £16k was spent on community projects in the shanti towns/slums of Brasil or wherever.

Didn't our own FA delegate - can't remember his name - say that he just happened to discover his extremely expensive timepiece in the bottom of a goody bag he'd just chucked in the garage on his return from some junket some months after receiving said goody-bag??!!!
Errrrr.............yeah good one mate!!!

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
I'd like to know what gifts the Qataris and Russians offered for their respective successful world cups bids.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here