Alex Salmond resigns

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Single issue politician

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Given that there was a "should Cameron resign if they vote yes" thread, why wasn't there a "should Salmond's resign if they vote no" thread. We need to know.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Does this mean that Scottish independent hopes lie with the ugly bird with the syrup?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think he did amazingly well to be honest. He got an SNP majority at Holyrood, he got a referendum, and lets be fair, gave everyone a bloody great scare in coming so close to ending the UK as we know it. He's also secured some big concessions for Scotland from Westminster.

I think he'll be remembered as a good statesmen and a strong campaigner. I didn't agree with much that he said, but he was a convincing orator and I'm sure he most likely has a lucrative future ahead of him away from politics.

Fought a good fight, and has engaged an unprecedented number of the electorate in the issues. Well done Alex, and best of luck.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bad move. He should have stayed on until the UK delivered on devo max. He was the one who's campaign put the shits up Cameron, Miliband and Clegg, he's the one who they worry about. If Cameron is secretly hoping this might now all blow over then his prayers might just have been answered.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Does this mean that Scottish independent hopes lie with the ugly bird with the syrup?

Frightening thought for SNP activists.
If she leads the party it'll be a one way ticket to oblivion ...

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Pleasantly surprised that the gloating toad has gone so soon. Sadly his acolytes will use his departure to camouflage their (joint) failure to meet the only target they had that mattered.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was inevitable, he tried and failed so you fall on your sword.

It was a massive gamble - no future if Sturgeon takes over

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Honourable thing to do. Total respect. Looked a broken man this morning. And why not? Scotland voters just blew a once in a generation chance to control their own destiny. He must be pig-sick.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
One of A/S many arguements (and many would agree) the out of touch Westminster elite,does that mean he will turn down the inevitable knighthood ?

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
I think he did amazingly well to be honest. He got an SNP majority at Holyrood, he got a referendum, and lets be fair, gave everyone a bloody great scare in coming so close to ending the UK as we know it. He's also secured some big concessions for Scotland from Westminster.

I think he'll be remembered as a good statesmen and a strong campaigner. I didn't agree with much that he said, but he was a convincing orator and I'm sure he most likely has a lucrative future ahead of him away from politics.

Fought a good fight, and has engaged an unprecedented number of the electorate in the issues. Well done Alex, and best of luck.

Apart from a small number of area's was it really that close ?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/events/scotland-decides/results

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here