a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Wembley gets to stage a Semi final and the final of Euro 2020 according to BBC

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I am totally shocked but over joyed. UEFA don't hate us any more! Obviously FIFA & Blatter had no part in this as they despise us. Well done to the FA.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
With football coming home and the Euro 2020 final on home soil, the latest great English Golden Generation get to...watch it on TV at home.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Bet it won't be as easy to get semi and final tickets as last time...

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I am totally shocked but over joyed. UEFA don't hate us any more! Obviously FIFA & Blatter had no part in this as they despise us. Well done to the FA.

I think a lot of it is that they realise they'll rake the most income by putting it at Wembley. That's why it has hosted the Champions League final twice already.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I see Glasgow will be an independent country by them due to their yes votehttp://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_2020

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The last I heard only Germany and England applied to stage the finals with the German application being strategic. The understanding being they would pull out, leaving England the only application, in exchange for support in hosting the next full tournament.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I forsee the format for 2020 not working out well. EUFA will revert back to the current format for the finals from 2024 onwards.

England will but in a bid to host a future tournament, only to be told, "No chance! you have only just hosted the finals in 2020!"

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Great news, a fantastic package put together by the FA which UEFA simply couldn't refuse. Well done to all involved, great news for English football.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I forsee the format for 2020 not working out well. EUFA will revert back to the current format for the finals from 2024 onwards.

England will but in a bid to host a future tournament, only to be told, "No chance! you have only just hosted the finals in 2020!"

This with bells on, I think we have shot ourselves in the foot far better to hold a full tournament do not understand having it here there and everywhere. makes no sense but probably more money for the people in power and thats what counts now I guess

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Hampden Park over the millenium stadium? Are they mental?

Lower capacity 52k against 75 odd and Glasgow against Cardiff. Still nice for the scotch to win something I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here