Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ed Miliband

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
One of the better governments of my lifetime was the Lib dem / Tory one albeit the consequences for the Libs were disastrous. The fact they didn't agree created fairer government. It would be a better place if we had more of it, successful workplaces always have a diverse range of opinions. Except Westminster of course.

I guess it's all down to egos, power and all that bollox. But I just think that with a range of opinions on the table, there might be more arguing, but there would be less division, because they two 'sides' would have to find common ground on a lot of things. If they all really ARE working 'for the people of this country', then Conservatives and Labour should get their heads together and work out a way forward that is right for the maximum amount of people. At the moment, there are left and right hating everything the other side does and arguing against each other, trying to convince themselves that they are right and scoring points of each other.

It's so tedious and the general public are the ones that suffer the most. That's why I'm of the opinion that the vast majority of MPs don't REALLY care or tell the truth. Twats.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
As much as blaming Labour for everything seems like the only sensible thing currently, can you explain how he is unelectable and someone with no political beliefs, sense of personal responsibility and a liar is electable?

Miliband was unelectable because he couldnt rally his own party behind him and lacked charisma to pick up non-Labour votes. Johnson was electable most because he has no firm political beliefs, and tons of charisma, can promise many things to many people. its not a unique Labour criticism, Howard and Duncan-Smith were similarly unelectable as they only appealed to fairly narrow range of the electorate and bland.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We're talking about Ed Milliband?

My point is unelectable doesn't mean anything. By most definitions Johnson and Trump are "unelectable" but they still won elections.

Regarding Ed Milliband:

When he was elected Labour leader, the poll of polls gave the party 43%. At the 2015 GE Labour polled 30.4%. The graph shows a steady decline in the polls from Sept 2012 onwards. Johnson wasn't on the horizon.

Why did Milliband's reign flop, when we had Austerity?

My guess - a lack of vision, of clarity, policy flip-flopping, wrapped up in his wishy-washy persona. That's not an attack, I think May suffered from that too.

On the separate matter of elected politicans years later, who you mention:
Trump - the majority voted for Hilary. But he got all those votes due to his clear messaging of Nationalism and lying that he was anti-abortion, a devout Christian, etc .... to scoop up the loons votes.
Johnson - clear messaging on Brexit, a good orator and he faced the two-faced Brexit/Remain Corbyn/Abbott/Burgon. A bizarre election, the two worst choices ever?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here