Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Brown Speech.

levski seagull

Jul 7, 2003
brighton
I hope the jocks vote YES so that he will have 2 election defeats on his C.V, he will surely go down in history as the worst prime minister the UK has ever had.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Brown IMO was an underrated PM, Blair did so much damage he was always on a hiding to nothing...

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
He's actually a very intelligent man and knows his onions. He was just left with an absolute mess to clean up and never had the charisma to blag his way out of it with the voters.

This idea that he's a bad politician is ridiculous. Given the anger towards the Labour government after Blair had been found out as a liar they should have been utterly humiliated at the last election but instead the contest really ended up with no winner.

He was fiscally very prudent, even allowing for the decision to sell off gold reserves which later shot up in value, and it's indicative of modern politics that he is seen as some sort of bogeyman just because he didn't have a toothy media friendly smile and was in charge of a sinking ship long after the damage had already been done.

Good on him for not slinking away into the background and sticking to his principles as a politician.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He definately wasn't our worst, unluckiest perhaps, what with foot and mouth the same month he started , then the financial meltdown in 08. Wasn't he praised for his economic plan to prevent an even worse global crash by most of the worlds leaders?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
He was unfairly saddled with the blame for the ( worldwide ) economic recession by the tories yet it is often said by other world leaders and economists that his prompt action and lead stopped it from getting considerably worse. Nice to see he has the fire in his belly to make such a moving speech which comes from the heart, unlike Cameron's whiny begging speech.

If he had been the focus of the Better Together campaign instead of Darling it would not be this close. He would have shot down most of Salmond's economic arguments during the televised debates.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hope the jocks vote YES so that he will have 2 election defeats on his C.V, he will surely go down in history as the worst prime minister the UK has ever had.

Thankfully the Tories were unelectable under Hague, Howard and Ian Duncan Smith, perm any one from three there that would have been worse.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If only he showed that much passion when he was PM. However, he was passionate about selling our gold reserves :whistle:

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
If only he showed that much passion when he was PM. However, he was passionate about selling our gold reserves :whistle:

Please could you let me know what will happen to the price of gold over the next 18 months so that I can plan accordingly? Thanks.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Please could you let me know what will happen to the price of gold over the next 18 months so that I can plan accordingly? Thanks.

It generally only goes up with the odd peak and trough - Always a solid investment long term :thumbsup:

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009

Pathetic post.
Thicko Brown had a LOT a gold to sell, swamping the market amounts, so what did he do? Unbelievably he TOLD everyone this and all the buyers lowered their offers to rock bottom levels as he had shown his hand. Numbskull

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Good speech, unlike so many other NO speeches this one seemed to come from the head AND the heart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here