Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argyle Arms vs Blackpool

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
So as it has been mentioned before. Ross the old Railway Bell landlord has bought The Argyle Arms and this Saturday is his first home game.

Ross is keen for it to become a football pub and I think we should all get down there on Saturday for a few pre drinks. We could turn this into a new football pub! Not like there are many other decent options.

So don't try it "one week"...get there this weekend and give it a proper go with a load of fans.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
From the thread title I assumed this would be about how even a pub team could beat Blackpool at the moment.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Landlord would be on to a winner if he ran a free coach to the Amex from the pub.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Do you know how far that is ? You got to be joking , why go miles out of the way to go to a boozer unless they're prepared to put transport on to the ground

We had this discussion on the Railway Bell thread last week ( I don't know how to put a show thread link)

Good luck to the pub and the new landlord, but you are correct it's a bit out of the way and Brighton isn't short of pubs near the station, or on the bus route in Lewes Road.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The pub is only about 10minutes from either Brighton or London Road stations, it's hardly in the middle of nowhere.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Where do you go?

Only a 5-10min stroll
Lo
How many minutes walk from both stations ?

Getting on the train at London Road could be an issue

Do you know how far that is ? You got to be joking , why go miles out of the way to go to a boozer unless they're prepared to put transport on to the ground
Its 0.5miles - 12mins according to the slow pace Google maps

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The pub is only about 10minutes from either Brighton or London Road stations, it's hardly in the middle of nowhere.

You are correct in saying this but do fans want a 10 minute walk or an extra pint if they are tight for time?

It would be handy if someone could put up a Google Earth map showing the pub and stations, I would if I knew how???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here